Friday December 4th

also at the bottom of this i put the roster for the USWNT game that is coming later. - Blaire

I woke up at 6:30 and let Duke out. I got dressed in our soccer sweatpants and pullover. I put on my tennis shoes and went to the bathroom. I put my hair in a ponytail and then did my make-up. I let Duke inside and found my soccer bag. I put Duke in his kennel and then left the house. I got to school and set up the training room with Brad. 1st hour started and Brad and I got the soccer coolers ready. We went to 2nd hour and after the bell rang Barron called me out into the hallway.

Barron: hey can you go to the training room and get the jerseys and out them in my car?
Me: Sure actually I have a question
Barron: okay what is it?
Me: what do you think about a team mascot?
Barron: what do you mean?
Me: Duke, he is a service dog so he is allowed on school property. Obviously just for games but he could be the team mascot.
Barron: alright mumbles you're rambling
Me: sorry
Barron: but I don't see why not
Me: yes! Well I'll go do that for you I will be back.

Barron just laughed as I ran off down the hall. I put the jerseys in his car and went back to his class. The next couple hours went by quickly and I went home for lunch and let Duke out. I laid out his vest and his leash. I went to school for 6th hour and then stopped by Barron's room like he asked.

Me: hey you needed something?
Barron: yeah Alex can't go get the food and I know you are going to get Duke so can you also pick up the food from McAllister's?
Me: yeah what's the name on the order?
Barron: mine and here is the card
Me: alright see you soon.

I got in my car and went home. I put Duke's vest and leash on him and put him in the jeep. I drove to McAllister's. I paid for the food and headed to the stadium. I let Duke out and got the food. I walked in and set the food on the table.

Me: Food is here!
Megan: Awe Duke!
Connor: he is so big now

I let Duke visit with the girls. We all got our sandwiches and sat down at the table. After we ate we had some down time. Once it was time to get ready we all put on our white socks, shorts and our navy practice shirt. I put on my cleats and put my shin guards in. I led the team out with Duke for warmups. As we came out we noticed the Newton girls all stop and look at Duke. I led him over to the bench and told him to sit and stay. We did our warm up and then the ref called captain.

Girl 1: hey I'm Samantha
Meg: Megan
Girl 2: Taylor
Me: Savannah
Ref: alright home team heads or tail call in the air, 1...2...3.
Me: heads
Ref: and its home
Megan: we choose to defend this side.

We went back to our team and changed into our jerseys. We had our prayer and then did our break before taking the field.

The ref blew the whistle and Newton sent the ball deep into our back line. Adrianna won it and we calmly passed the ball up the field. Megan gave it to Sam but she lost it. Newton kept the ball. They got it up to their forward and she chipped Therese who was off her line for their first goal. My team set back up and I talk to Megan and Connor.

Me: I'm passing back to Megan then I'm running to the right corner. Connor you take the middle run and get the ball. You're not going to have much time but play the through ball either past the center defenders or the outside back to me.
Megan: so I am going to Connor not you
Me: Yes

We took our spots and the ref blew the whistle. Sam tapped it forward and I sent it to Megan and took off. Connor ran in and Megan lofted it to her. Connor took a touch but it bounced and then defender was stepping so she sent it. I was farther than expected but in the right area. I sprinted to it and it bounced in front of me. The goal keeper came out and I bended the ball around her for the equalizer making it 1-1.

Newton set the ball back up and they went to send it back to their midfield. I intercepted the ball and dribble to the left. Sam made my run as I beat the defender. I sent the ball in and Sam took a touch and shot making it 2-1. Newton kicked off again and kept it until the halftime whistle blew. We went to the bench and I sat next to Brad. Duke came over and laid on my feet.

Barron: Way to come back ladies. Keep the up the pace they are starting to get tired and frustrated. That also means they are going to get rough so try to keep it on the pitch if you can
Alex: alright a couple changes. Connor you are moving to midfield for Mary. Adriana is going on the wing and Tyanny is coming in as the right back. Everyone else is the same.

We did our break and we took the field. We had kick off. I sent it back to Connor and she and Megan went up the field. I checked back towards Megan and she passed to me. The defender stepped with me so I passed the through ball to Megan. She ran onto it and slotted it past the keeper to make it 3-1. We set back up and Newton didn't keep it for long. Connor won it and went up the field. Connor passed to me but I didn't have the shot so I played the through ball to Connor. She shot the ball and it hit the post and went in making it 4-1.

Newton kicked off and I won the ball and went up the field. I passed the ball to Adriana and then center back stepped late and kicked my ankle instead of the ball that was already gone. I went down as the ref blew the whistle. I grabbed my ankle and Brad and Kirk came on the field.

Kirk: what happened?
Me: she kicked right underneath the bone on my left
Kirk: did it twist?
Me: no
Kirk: good well there is only 10 minutes left let's get some ice on it.

Kirk and Brad helped me up and off the field. They set me on the bench and Kirk took off my shoe and sock. He turned my ankle and felt it.

Kirk: it's just going to bruise here and maybe up the ligament. It's already starting to.
Brad: here I'll wrap it on

Brad took the plastic wrap and wrapped the ice on my ankle. He sat next to me and Duke laid at our feet. 10 minutes later the whistle blew and we got up to the shake hands. The girls got their cool down and then went to the locker room. We took off our jerseys and then went home. Duke and I got I my and jeep and headed to the house. I showered and put my sports bra and shorts on. I climbed into bed while Brad came in. He changed and then got on the other side. We both fell asleep quickly.

USWNT vs CRC Roster

Name                  Pos.        Club             Cap/goals

1. Hope Solo           GK    Seattle Reign     78/0
2. Lindsey Horan   M      Portland Thorns     6/2
3. Sam Mewis M   Western NY Flash   4/1
4. Becky Sauerbrunn D FC Kansas City 103/0
5. Kelley O'Hara  F       Sky Blue FC      34/2
6. Savannah Solo      F       N/A                 0/0
7. Megan Klingenberg D    Houston Dash  59/3
8. Amy Rodriguez   F    FC Kansas City   106/30
9. Heather O'Reilly  M  FC Kansas City  203/46
10. Carli Lloyd       M    Houston Dash     105/50
11. Ali Krieger     D       Washington Spirit  60/1
12. Christen Press  F  Chicago Red Stars 48/19
13. Alex Morgan   F       Portland Thorns   58/28
14. Morgan Brian   M      Houston Dash     23/4
15. Whitney Engen   D     Boston Breakers 33/1
16. Emily Sonnet   D     Boston Breakers     5/1
17. Tobin Heath    M    Portland Thorns    72/14
18. Ashlyn Harris   GK  Washington Spirit 12/0
19. Julie Johnston   D    Chicago Red Stars 42/5
20. Alyssa Naehear  GK    Boston Breakers  8/0