53. First Step to Moving On

// a few days later . matt's pov //

After a few days, Dani was able to leave the hospital. so the day she left the hospital was the same day she packed all of her stuff before she moved back to London. I wanted to convince her to stay. I wanted to tell her that I didn't want her to leave. But I also wanted to go with whatever she wanted to do. So, I didn't fight. I didn't fight for her, our relationship, and for myself. Because fighting wouldn't be the best thing for me to do in a situation like this.

"Are you sure you don't want to try fighting?" Harry asked as I just nodded my head while watching Dani hug Kat and Em for the last time.

"I just want her to be happy. If she's happy, then I'm happy," I said as Alberto and Harry looked at each other before looking back at me with sympathetic looks on their face, "Don't feel sorry for me. It'll just make me feel worse."

"We're sorry," they both said as I still kept staring at Dani.

"Flight 36 to London will be departing in five minutes. Make your way to Gate 5A if you are boarding the plane." the intercom said as the three of them let go of each other and Dani made her way toward me.

"I'm going to miss you," she said as she smiled at me.

"I'll miss you too," I replied as I tried to keep my sanity.

"Remember our promise."

"I will."

"I might not have remembered a lot about us but I know that I'll miss you the most."

"Me too. I always missed you when you weren't right next to me."

"Well, I better get going. I'll see you around, hopefully," Dani said as she dropped her dufflebag and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Yeah, I'll see you around," I said wrapping my arms around her waist and setting my head in the crook of her neck.

"I'll really miss you," she whispered as she kissed my cheek before picking up her dufflebag and waving back to all of us before entering the gate.

The first step to me moving on from Dani is to let her go. Let her live her life while I live mine. I have to learn to cope with the fact that she may or may not come back. Whether she comes back single or married, I know she'll come back one day.

instagram;

joe_suggTfw you have to pick up this whiny bitch up from the airport because no one else can

joe_sugg
Tfw you have to pick up this whiny bitch up from the airport because no one else can. She's lucky I'm nice enough to pick her up. Other wise she wouldn't know where to go. The queen of London is back in town, folks.
388.4K likes 3.4K comments
view all comments