17. Broken Hearted

// a few hours before . dani's pov //

Right now me and the girls are having a Girls Day Out because the boys thought it would be a good idea for us girls to have a day to ourselves before the camping trip. This morning the three of us went to get new haircuts because we wanted a new look before we start shooting in L.A.

But at this very moment, we are currently at the local coffee shop down the street from where we got our new haircuts from. I was looking through my phone while Em and Kat were talking about wanting to attend Coachella once we get to L.A. because about two weeks after we're supposed to arrive there, that's when the first weekend of Coachella starts.

While I was looking through my Facebook messages, I realized that I wasn't connected to my Facebook account but I was connected to Matt's Facebook account. The first conversation was with a girl who I don't really know but I assume Matt knows very well because of their conversations. She seems to be very friendly, a little too friendly actually. I read through the conversation and noticed that the girl wasn't the only one who was being friendly; Matt was being pretty flirty with her.

I just couldn't believe what was in front of me, Matt has been lying to me all this time. He told me that he would never hurt me. But by talking to this girl in a flirty way he broke his promise to never hurt me. Flirting is considered cheating in a way. I didn't know what to do at that moment. I couldn't let Em and Kat know why I was crying, they would hate Matt. So, I went with my first instinct and ran to my car and drove away leaving Em and Kat clueless. I mean they did run after me when I started to run away from them and to my car but as soon as I got in my car and drove off, their figures disappeared from my view.

I drove off to who knows where. I didn't care where I was going, I just needed to get out of here. Tears were blocking my vision a little but I didn't care, I kept driving. I kept driving until...

// em's pov //

"Dani! Wait!" Me and Kat yelled as Dani had just ran out of the coffee shop without a clear reason why.

"Her phone!" I yelled as I picked it up to see it was open to her Facebook messages; or at least we thought it was her Facebook messages but realized it was Matt's instead and we read through the open conversation. It was between Matt and a girl who we don't quite know but can assume that he's been flirting with her while he's still with Dani.

I put Dani's phone in my bag and dragged Kat so we could get in my car and follow Dani. Luckily Dani drove her own car here so that meant that I could use my car to follow Dani at this very moment. Once me and Kat were both buckled in, I drove as fast as I could to try to catch up to Dani but as soon as we caught it, it was already too late. We stopped in front of the scene.

I got out first and ran to where Dani's car was but was stopped from one of the police officers, "M'am you can't go any closer, it's not safe." The man said as he held me and Kat back with his arm.

"But that's our best friend!" I snapped as I tried to push past him but he was obviously way stronger.

"We'll get her out, don't worry," another officer said as me and Kat sighed and stood there as we watched the firefighters use a claw to pry open the driver's window of Dani's car.

"Quick," I said turning to Kat, "Call one of the guys." She nodded and did as so while I kept my eye on what was happening.