56. She Is Back In Town

//matt's pov//

When I came home the next morning, I saw Danielle standing in front of the staircase while greeting the others. Once the others saw me, they froze and Dani looked at them before turning around to look at me.

"Oh, hey Matt!" She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

I didn't do what I've been waiting to do; I didn't hold onto her. I left my arms to my sides as she hugged me for a few more seconds before realizing I'm never going to hug her back anytime soon.

"Hey," I said lowly as I walked past her and up to my room as I usually do in the mornings. 

I could have stayed in that spot forever telling her how much I still love her and how I want us to be together again. But I couldn't bare telling her all that when she has a new boyfriend. She's happy and I don't want her to feel guilty.

// dani's pov //

"Did I do something?" I asked the others as I turned back around to face them.

"No, he's been acting like that for a while now. We're not sure why. It could be because of you but at the same time it might not be since he started acting this way two months after you left," Dom explained as I just nodded my head not wanting to hear more about what's been happening with Matt. During the six months we've all been away from each other, I've been able to remember everything that has happened the past few years. Most importantly, I've been remembering what Matt means to me and what we used to be. Although I remember those things, it doesn't mean that I still feel the same way I did about him now; or at least I think I don't feel that way.

"Well, now that I'm here and I've seen all of you, I think I should get going. Dave and the others are waiting for me at the hotel. We have a press conference today. I'll see you guys tomorrow," I said as I gave them all another hug before heading back to my cab to head to the hotel. 

When I got to the hotel, I rushed into the lobby to see Dave sitting down in the waiting area looking down at his phone. 

"Hey, how come you're not in your room? Are you going to the press conference dressed in the clothes you came here with?" I asked Dave as he looked up from his phone. 

"Oh, you're here," he said as he put his phone back in the pocket of his jacket and stood up from his seat, "I was going to get ready but since you seemed like you were going to be late I decided to wait for you to get here so we could be late together."

I sighed then smiled at him, "I'm really glad you're still such a great friend to me despite what I did six months ago."

"At first I was kind of disappointed in you because I knew that you would've known a different way to handle the situation without risking your marriage, but then I realized that you were probably so shocked by what was happening that you didn't even try to think twice before proceeding with your actions. Also, you're a really great friend and I know you would've done the same thin if it was any other friend because that's just the type of person you are. I don't want a friend like you to not be in my life," Dave said as I didn't hesitate to give him a big hug. It might've looked scandalous to the paps standing outside, but I didn't care what they were going to write about us because all that mattered is that I still have a few friends who don't have to act like they still care about me because I know that they're not just acting to make me feel better but they really do still care about me.

"Thank you," I said as I let go of him after a while and we both smiled at each other. 

"I think we should get ready for the press conference before we get into even bigger trouble."

"Right, I'll see you back down here in a few minutes," I said as we both went up to our hotel rooms to get ready for the press conference we had to do.

I took a quick shower to get the airport smell off of my body before getting dressed into a short black dress with matching black heels. When I finished doing my hair and make-up, I grabbed my purse and went back down to the lobby to wait for Dave to be done so we could take one car to the press conference. 

"You're late," I said as soon as Dave came walking towards me. 

"So are you," he said as I fixed his tie and we walked to the car. 

The car ride to the press conference was really long but it was okay because me and Dave talked about a lot of things on the way. While we were talking, I realized that there's a lot of things about Dave that reminds me of Matt. Maybe that's why I thought they were so similar. Not in looks, but in the way they talk and how they care about me. I also thought about how it would've been if I stayed with Matt six months ago; my life would have been completely different.

When we got to the press conference, we got out of the car together and walked into the building as reporters asked us various questions and took pictures of us as well. Many of the questions were mainly questions reporters would ask just so they could make a good scandalous article about it. An example of one of those questions is the most popular question that has been asked many times; 'Are you two dating? What happened to ____?'. It's actually quite irritating knowing that that's the only thing they want to write an article about. 

"How does it feel like to be filming another movie together?" Someone asked at the press conference as me and Dave looked at each other to see who would answer first. 

I eventually ended up answering first, "Working with Dave again has been really great because I not only get to be in the same movie again as one of my best friends, but I also get to spend some time with him. He's been comforting me a lot during the past few months and telling me stories about my past. It's really nice to have him around and it's sad knowing I won't be able to see him as much after the press tour."

The first few questions asked at every press conference is about the movie before it gets into more personal questions. 

"Dani, since you're back in LA not only for the press tour but also for personal matters. Have you seen Matthew Daddario again? Are you two going to fix your engagement? What's going to be happening between the two of you?" A reporter asked as I wanted to know the answers to those questions as well. I'm in a happy relationship with Joe but why do I still feel guilty about what happened between me and Matt? 

____________________________

Author's Note

Thank you for reading this story! I hope you love it as much as I enjoy writing it! Also, go check out my other stories! Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends and on social media for more! x