4. Stuck on Stupid

// a week later . matt's pov //

It's been a week since me and Dani have properly met and let's just say I'm not really doing a good job of trying to keep my cool guy act. Every time I see her I just don't know what to say, I always get stuck somehow. It's like she has this kind of effect on my that makes me forget everything. What makes things worse is that I have to work with her now that she's playing as Lydia Branwell.

"Hey Matt!" I heard Em yell as I turned around to see her and Kat making their way towards me.

"Have you guys seen Dani?" I asked as their smiles turned into smirks. "What?"

"Are you really asking for your girlfriend already?"

"She's not my girlfriend yet."

"Mhm, okay. We all know that you two like each other but are too shy to admit it, although you two do show it anyway," Kat said as I heard a very familiar laugh coming from behind me.

"Speaking of your girlfriend," Em said as I narrowed my eyes at her then turned my attention back to Dani who seemed to have brought a friend with her, "Looks like there's going to be a love triangle."

"You don't know that," I said turning back to Em & Kat, "He could only be a friend. She probably doesn't even like him that way."

"Are you sure? Because it looks like they're having a good time right there."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"He was in the Scorch Trials with me and Dani," Kat commented as I thought about it for a moment. They're both from England, they've been in many movies together, and she's much closer to him than she is with me.

"Do you think they could be together?"

"There is that possibility because she hasn't really told us anything about their relationship, she just told us that they were best friends."

"You can't let her fall for him," Em said as we turned our attention to Dani and her friend Thomas Sangster, "That would ruin the Mattnielle ship."

"There's already a ship name for it?" I said with half excitement and half confusion in my tone.

"Yes, and there's also a Sangwood ship," Kat answered as I raised an eyebrow at her, "Sangster plus Sherwood. There's been that ship ever since announcements came out that the both of them would be playing love interests in the new movie version of Romeo and Juliet."

"They're going to be in a movie together?" Kat and Em nodded and I felt my heart stop. "And they're going to be love interests?" Nod. "So that means they have to kiss?" Nod. I mentally fell onto the floor, but on the outside, I just sighed and went to my trailer.

Knock, knock.

"Can I come in?" I heard Dom ask as he popped his head in slightly.

"Sure," I said as he came in and sat down on the couch in front of me, "What's up?"

"You can't let my sister date Thomas."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't trust him. I don't know what it is about him, but I can feel that he wouldn't be a good boyfriend for my sister. He's a good friend, but I know my sister. I know that once they become a thing, if they break up, that'll be the end of Dani. She can't get hurt again. To be honest, if I could choose who would be her boyfriend, I'd choose you. I actually trust you. You're not just my parabatai in the show, you're also my parabatai in real life. So please grow some pants and do everything you can to win my sister over." Dom said as he patted my shoulder and then left the trailer.