48. I'm Sorry

// private messages //

Unknown Number

Hey Danielle, it's me Michael. I know I'm the last person you'd want to talk to right now but I just wanted to let you know that I'm really truly sorry. I mean it this time. I just I've just been too obsessed with wanting you to be mine that I didn't realize how it would affect everyone else. If you don't want to talk to be ever again, I understand. The real reason why I wanted to message you is because I've decided that it's time for me to go. I can't keep ruining everyone's lives like this. 

Danielle Sherwood 

Michael, what are you trying to say? 

Please don't do what I think you're going to do.

Michael Clarke

I'm sorry 

Danielle Sherwood 

MICHAEL TELL ME WHERE YOU ARE

Michael Clarke

I can't, I'm sorry, Dani 

I hope you and Matt are happy together 

I won't get in the way of your happiness anymore 

Danielle Sherwood

For fucks sake, Clarke

Where are you? 

read 3:26pm

CLARKE I SWEAR TO GOD 

// dani's pov //

When I didn't get a reply back from Michael, I knew I had to do something about it. No matter how much I wanted Michael out of my life, I still care about him because we were good friends before and true friends never stop caring for each other. 

"I have to go," I said as I grabbed my car keys and started running out the door. 

"Dani! Where are you going? The wedding starts in four hours!" Kat yelled behind me.

"Just stall for now, I'll be back soon!" I yelled back as I ran to my car and started calling Joe and Dan. 

"Hello?" Dan said as he answered his call.

"Where are you right now?" I asked as I started the car and put my seatbelt on.

"On the way to the church, why? What's wrong, Dani?"

"It's Michael," I said as I could feel the anger from Dan when I said that. 

"What about him?" He snapped as I started driving to Joe's hotel because I knew he'd still be there. 

"He texted me saying that he should be go and I told him that he better not be doing what I think he was going to do and now he won't answer my texts. I know we're supposed to hate him, but Dan, he was our best friend too. And true friends never turn their backs on each other no matter what." 

I heard him sigh, "Where are you?"

"On the way to Joe's hotel." 

"Okay, I'm in a cab. I'll meet you there." 

"Thank you, Dan."

"I promised you I'd do anything for you because you're like a sister to me."

"And I'd do anything for you as well. But can we save the sappiness for later?" 

"Right, sorry." Dan said as he hung up and I focused on driving to Joe's hotel. 

"What happened?" Joe asked as soon as he walked out of the elevator. "Why aren't you at the church?" I explained the situation as we waited for Dan to arrive. 

When the three of us were all here, we got into my car and drove to the one place we knew he would be at. 

"We should split up, I'll go with Dani to the bridge, Dan go around and ask if anyone has seen him," Joe said as we split up. 

"Michael!" I yelled as I saw the poor boy sitting on the edge of the bridge. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he looked at me and I noticed his eyes were really red and puffy meaning he had been crying a lot. 

"I know I'm supposed to hate you, but you're still my friend. You've always been my friend. Just because you've gone insane now, doesn't mean you were when we were five."

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"Because true friends never turn their backs on each other."

"I'm sorry, but it's better this way," Michael said as he slowly stood up.

"Don't you dare," I said as a group of police officers came toward us. 

Everything from that point on was hectic. Luckily the police officers for Michael to go back to the safe side of the bridge, but they sent him to the hospital. As the good friend I am I decided to go with him, not realizing that today was my wedding day. I was supposed to be at the church. 

"Alex, watch over him for us, we have to go," I said as I grabbed Joe and Dan's arms and dragged them back to my car. 

When we got to the church, it was too late, everyone had gone and there was a very upset Matthew Daddario sitting on the church steps. As soon as the others saw me, they froze.

"I'm sorry," I said as Matt looked up at me, his face filled with worry, sadness, and anger. 

"I heard what happened," Matt said coldly as I tried to place my hand on his arm, but he just pushed it away. 

"Matt..."

"What I don't get is why you couldn't just let someone else handle it. This was supposed to be our wedding day. Our day. But I guess that didn't mean anything to you," Matt said as he walked past me and the others looked at me like they felt sorry for me but they also looked disappointed in me. 

____________________________

Author's Note

I know you guys probably hate me now, but you'll love me again soon enough

I know you guys probably hate me now, but you'll love me again soon enough. :) 

Thank you for reading this story! I hope you love it as much as I enjoy writing it! Also, go check out my other stories! Vote, comment, and share this story with your friends and on social media for more! x