Chapter 44>>>

And anyone who saw how she looked at him, knew she was hooked.

Shai's POV

It's a feeling I never knew I could possess; the simple yet burning inside me feel of love. Even in moments like this were I'm laying here awake in bed with him, at 3:25 in the morning. His eyes shut, his breaths steady, and his demeanor peaceful.

Running a few of my fingers carefully through his soft chocolate curls, I feel as though I am asleep-- having one the best dreams of my life-- but then I pinch myself to see that this is real.  Real.

"Why are you up?" Theo's voice is drenched in sleep, and is much lower than it normally is--due to the grogginess.

"Can't sleep." I whisper, and watch him slowly open his eyes.

He blinks a little to wake up, "Something on your mind?" He asks.

Theo's grasp on me tightens, securing me there.

"I don't really know, just feels like my mind won't shut off." I tell him, and I watch him nod.

"Anything I can do?"

When his first reaction is to see if there's something he can do to help, that makes me smile.

"Will you play me something?" The question just exits my mouth without a second thought.

Theo hasn't played anything since that time I came over to his apartment for the first time. Even just for free time he hasn't even played a few keys, or chords. No lyrics or melodies.

His lips turn upward as he smiles. "Sure." Kissing my nose softly, he gets out of bed.

I follow after slipping on a sweatshirt of his, with that, a long t-shirt, and underwear covering me.

"I haven't played this in a long time." Theo says walking over to his acoustic guitar, the beautiful wood shines as it's barely been used.

"You should play more." I say resting on the couch beside him, as he sits forward.  

(A/N: Good place to start the video, this is one of my favorite covers of this song!)

"When your legs don't work like they used to before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"

Watching him play the cords, without even second guessing them is a feeling I can't help but smile at. The words he sings, he sings with a passion. It's a love of his, music.

"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're seventy

And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at twenty three

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just the touch of a hand

Well, me - I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am"

One more thing to add to the list of all the things that cause me to fall more and more in love with him.

"So honey now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are"

The last thing I expected when I moved here was to find someone like Theo, to find someone I'd fall this deeply in love with. But I did, and maybe all along it's been fate. Fate that brought me here, fate that brought me to find love. Fate that brought me to Theo.

"When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mmm)

I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen

And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe it's all part of a plan

Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes

Hoping that you'll understand"

In the shine of the moon at early dawn, we sit here. In each others presence, enjoying the music that is being made right now.

"So, baby, now

Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

Maybe we found love right where we are

Oh, baby, we found love right where we are

And we found love right where we are"

A soft silence floats over us when he's done. I wrap my arms around him, burrowing my face in the crook of his neck. Smelling the faint scent of soap and pine on him.

"It was beautiful."

Theo turns so that I'm standing in front of him and I can't help but smile at him

"You're beautiful." He whispers, and I bite my lip to contain my growing smile.

A/N: Hey all! Short chapter I know, I'm kinda having a hard time with this story lately. I have some more ideas, but I need some I can use right now in the story. So if you guys have ideas or thoughts please let me know. Or things you'd like to see in the story, let me know! Thanks!❤️