Chapter 8>>>

The more you hide your feelings for someone, the more you fall for them.

Theo's POV
Today's going to be rough. Not only because it's a Monday, but because I have to go back to pretending I don't have feelings for Shailene. That the kiss didn't happen and that she never came to my apartment.

I sigh running a hand through my hair. I drove her home last night, and haven't heard from her since. I stand up and start to fix my tie, noticing the time and that I may end up being late.

I had another dream about Shailene last night, different one but the same effect. I grab my briefcase and go down to get in my car. I pull out and try to get all the emotions and thoughts running through me, out. trying to have a clear mind before getting to work.

"Hold still!" I tell her, trying to get her to stay in one spot for a moment. She's in a white sundress, her hair free flowing and flying in the wind. We're in a field where the grass is a yellow golden color and wind blowing it to the left.

She continues to spin in circles and giggle, the contagious giggle I may add. Her smile is big, showing all that she's feeling. "Did you get it?" She asks.

I laugh, "No. You keep moving." I point out. The black camera I wear around my neck isn't getting any pictures, not yet at least. "Come here!" She calls and I run out to her. When I'm inches away from her, she rests a hand on my chest. She looks up at me, her eyes demanding attention, the color like that one splash needed in a painting.

"Why do you want to take so many pictures??" She asks, still looking up at me- and I continue to look down at her.

"So I can always have these memories." I tell her, my voice gentle and calm.

"You'll always have these memories." She says. "In here." She adds, pointing right at my heart.

I shake my head, getting out of the vehicle and walking fast to get to the doors before the bell rings. I almost have to start jogging, but I eventually make it to my classroom. Everyone's chatting and spread out, some notice my entrance but not many- which I'm thankful for. As I set my things at my desk, the bell rings... Just on time.

>>>>>

"Have a good rest of the day." I say to the class, as the bell just rung. I can definitely tell that I didn't get enough sleep last night, because after only one class I want to go home.

I walk to my desk and start putting some files back into my filing cabinets as the next class walks in. As a teacher, I get to be able to hear most of the classes conversations as the chat and gossip. I don't do much with the information, but it's nice to know some things.

"Just tell me!" I hear a plead, she has a slight southern accent- nothing too heavy.

"No. I can't and won't. So just drop it." Says a voice I know by heart now, a voice that lives in my heart.

I don't turn around though, having to use my self control. I know if I saw her right now, I wouldn't be able to hold back what so ever. I close the drawer, and take a seat at my desk. I open my laptop and try to glue my eyes to the screen.

And just like crappy glue, they don't stick- and I look up. She's laughing with two girls, and her back is turned to me- turned around looking towards the desk behind her where one of the girls stand. She looks nice today, of course she looks great every time I see her.

The bell rings, bringing me out of my little trance. I stand and make my way to the white board. I write some questions down as everyone gets into their seats, and takes out their materials.

"Okay class. I have one basic question up there." I say pointing to the board. "But that question will be leading class this week." I add.

"What is reality? That's the question we'll be covering this week." I explain. And I love being able to see the wheels moving in student's heads, it's a joy for us teachers.

"Does anyone have any ideas for the answer to that question?" I ask and walk over the wooden stool I have in the middle of the room. Taking a seat and calling on a boy in the back.

"Oliver. What do you think 'reality' is?" I ask him. He takes a moment before answering. "I think reality is the boundary between dreams and real life. Or between the possible and impossible." He says and I nod. "Good. Write that down, so you know what you asked." I say.

"Anyone else? "I ask. I look around and my eyes land on her. "Shai--" I clear my throat. "Shailene?" I ask.

"I think reality shows us what our fate and destiny's truly are." She says. "How so?" I ask.

"Well, say that there's something that we see for our future. That is in our destiny, but then reality steps in to really determine if it is. If it's truly fate or hope." Shai says and I don't quite know what to say.

I just nod, my mouth going dry. "Write your question down." I tell her, adding a small smile- hoping no one saw.

"Who next? " I ask, and pick a boy in the front row.

"Maxton?" I ask. "I think reality shows us the dimensions of the world. From dreams, to our future. Fates, or disasters to come." He says and I nod.

"Write it down." I say and stand up, seeing that the clock shows two minutes left.

"Small homework, not hard." I say walking to my desk.

"I'd like you to write down your definition of reality. Not the dictionaries, but yours." I explain. "Then add an example." I say and the bell rings.

I sit at my desk and watch them all leave, the last two boys leave and Shai approaches my desk. She smiles at me and of course I return it.

"What can I do for you Ms. Woodley?" I ask, probably grinning like a fool.

"Well, this homework... Even though it's easy... I may need a little help." She says and she's smiling widely. "Just some reassurance that it's correct." Shai adds.

"I see." I say knowing what she means.

She walks over the side of my desk and whispers in my ear, "I'll see you at Eight." Then just walks out, without another glance back.

I'm stunned at how forward she was, but not in a bad way. I like this side of her, it's a turn on-I'll admit it.