Chapter 21>>>

Have I told you yet... How much you mean to me? Have I told you yet... about all the happiness you bring me? Have I told you yet... that you mean the world to me? Just in case I haven't... I just want you to know that... You're the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Shailene's POV
"Two more days!" I sing, watching Theo develop an annoyed look on his face.

"It's really not a big deal Shai." He says buttoning his last button.

"It is too. It's the first birthday I get to celebrate with you. And you're turning thirty one this year, it is a big deal." I say. "Don't remind me." Theo mumbles.

"And besides, my thirtieth was big enough." He adds. "Well I wasn't here for your thirtieth." I say wrapping my arms around him, feeling warmth as he does the same.

"Don't remind me." He says and leans in to kiss me. His lips pressing gently against mine.

>>>>>>>

"I'm going home to see my mom and sisters." Charlotte says. We're at lunch and discussing what we're doing over winter break. "She was so excited when I called and told her."

"Yeah I'm visiting my parents and then all my cousins, aunts and uncles are coming over. " Christian says. Both these guys have become my best friends, and I'm thankful to have them.

"What about you Shai?" I'll probably be out with my boyfriend who just so happens to be our teacher.

"Um, I think I'll fly home to see my mom too. Tanner's still in the hospital, he's awake just lots of recovery." I say instead.

"That's good. They didn't think he'd wake did they?" Chris asks.

I shake my head. "Yeah, it didn't look good for awhile." I say honestly. Remembering all my mom's emails she sent me with nothing but negativity and bad news.

"Well we're glad he's okay now." Charlotte says and I smile.

People are still coming in and out of the cafeteria, and one just so happens to catch my eyes.

A man with his hands in his pockets, leaning against the door frame. Gesturing his head for me to get up and go talk to him.

"Hey, I forgot something in my locker. I'll be right back." I say and they don't question it.

I get out of my seat and walk over to where he was standing. As I turn the corner I can now see him again, standing against a blank wall.

"Hey." I say walking closer to him.

"Hey." Theo says with his classic smile.

"Did you want to talk to me?" I ask and he nods.

"I wanted to ask you out to dinner tonight." Theo says and I smirk.

"Really?? What's the occasion?" I ask.

"Just want to take my girl out to dinner." He replies and that makes my heart flutter.

We've never yet used the terms girlfriend or boyfriend, or at least not in front of each other. But the thing about our relationship is that we don't really need the labels. We know we're special to one another, and we know that we're together.

"What time?" I ask, knowing I'll take forever to pick an outfit.

"I'll pick you up at 8." Theo says and I nod. "I'd kiss you right now if there wasn't the risk of someone seeing." He adds, making me laugh lightly.

"Guess you'll have to wait, now won't you." I joke. "Guess so." Theo says. He brushes past me lightly, letting the small feel of him soak through my fabric. I turn to see him walk all the way away, to the point where I can no longer see him. And reluctantly I walk back to the lunch room.