Chapter 3>>>

The best feeling is when you look at him, and he's already staring.

Shailene's POV
After an eventful lunch of gossiping, story-telling, and meeting my new friend Christian, it's time for the second block of Philosophy class. Which means I get to see Mr. James again, and for some reason he hasn't left my mind. The picture of him staying fresh and almost permanent.

"You excited to see Mr. James again?" Charlotte's voice brings me out of my thoughts and makes me jump a little. I shut my locker and turn to look at her. Christian is next to her with a curious look on his face.

"Who's Mr. James?" He asks, and unlike charlotte and I, he has a British accent.

"Our philosophy teacher, and the man that totally has a thing for shailene." She says all perky like. "It's not like that." I tell them, "Yeah right." Charlotte argues.

"Isn't he like old?" Chris asks. "Yeah, and probably married." I tell them and we begin walking the halls. "I saw no ring." Charlotte says and I roll my eyes, although I know she's right. That was something I looked for right away, and there wasn't one.

"This is my stop. Good Luck with your new lover Shai!" Chris says stepping into his next class, as I send him a glare. "Hey at least he's hot." Charlotte tells me as we near the classroom.

She's not mistaken, Mr. James is very good looking. He's a handsome, charming man.

We enter the classroom and just like last time people are everywhere talking and laughing, and Mr. James is talking with students. I walk to my seat along with Charlotte and we take out our things.

"Just try and see how many times he looks at you. Like really looks at you." She whispers to me and I can tell that she's one of those kind of girls.

The bells rings and kids settle in, still whispering till Mr. James begins to speak.

"This block will be more laid back since you had to take a test in the last one. This block I'd like you to fill out the sheet I'm passing out, it has a few question for me school and information wise. The others are things to let me get to know you better." He says and hands the papers to the ends of the rows and we pass them along.

He walks back to his desk but as he does our eyes catch each other's and we stare for a moment, I turn though as the papers get to me. I don't look back up to see if he's still looking though I'd highly doubt that.

I write my name on the given line and answer the questions having to do with contact information-for emergences. Then move on to the 'getting to know you' questions. I'm through three of them until I feel a nudge in the ribs, and I look over to find charlotte trying to get my attention.

"What?" I whisper.

"He's been looking at you." She says and I want to laugh.

"Has not-" "Has too! I was looking up and he was looking at you, intently." She says cutting me off, not wanting to hear my lies.

I can't think of anything to say back to her, I'm still processing the information I've gotten. He was staring at me?? Why???

"You should talk to him sometime." She says with a big grin. That suggestion I do have to argue with.

"He's my teacher charlotte, and besides.. What would we even talk about?" I ask her.

"About your love for each other." She says almost giggling and holding out the love part.

I roll my eyes and go back to my paper, but I do start to believe her as I feel a gaze upon me, that isn't hers. It' snot bad though, that's the thing. It's not uncomfortable or creepy, it's calming and doesn't bother me. It feels as if someone's looking out for me, going to keep me safe.