Chapter 20>>>

Her big green eyes had mesmerized him for as long as he could remember and whether she knew it or not, he would do anything she asked, so long as she gazed those eyes upon him.

Theo's POV
Shai and I have been 'together' for about three months now. It's almost Christmas break and I'm wanting to ask her if she'll come visit my family with me. I know she'll want to see her family and trust me I'm fine with that. And she'll have three weeks of break to do so. I just want her to meet everyone.

Schools been getting in the way of our time together, she's in the part where grades matter most and where homework is flowing like a river. She's doing fine in my class, and no I'm not giving special treatment to her.

We celebrated her birthday last month, and getting to do that with her was very special. We have a connection... and that for me is the most special thing of all.

She's been seeing a therapist like I told her while back, and I don't think she hates it as much as she did. I've met the woman- who's name is Trudy- and she's very sweet.

Shai's been doing better about the incident, almost fully back to her old self. But she does get a few nightmares here and there, and is still jumpy at times when a boy bumps into her at school. Just the contact of an unknown man brings memories back.

I took my share in that as well, where sometimes placing a hand on her or surprising her with a kiss when she wasn't looking would send her jerking or into random tears. She always apologized and said it wasn't me. But I knew in some sense it was me... so I had to step back. Give her some space and some time.

"God! Could she give us anymore homework?" I hear Shai say as she enters my apartment. I gave her an extra key so if she needed to, at any time she could come over. She already had that ability but if I wasn't home she could get in.

I'm in the bedroom changing out of my work clothes when I hear her. "Theo?" She calls again. "In the bedroom!" I say.

We're not living together, but she comes over whenever she can and I've let her keep much of her things here.

"So she-- Oh my lord! Sorry!" Shai says walking in but turning and shielding her eyes when she sees me changing. I'm in boxers and only boxers at the moment, this is the least dressed I've been in front of her.

"It's fine, you can turn around." I say once my sweat pants are on, and now I'm pulling on a shirt since it's a bit chilly in here.

"What were you complaining about?" I ask.

"Oh Well Ms. Fethfeild, my science teacher gave us three packets to fill out by tomorrow and a project due next week." Shai says flopping down on the bed.

"Yeah, her class is hard." I comment knowing what she's like.

"Look at the bright side." I say.

"And that is?? And don't tell me that it's I'll get smarter or shit like that." Shai tells me making me laugh.

"No, that Christmas break is a  week away. Next Friday you'll get to leave and not return for another few weeks." I say and a smile grows on her face.

"That's right! I'm shocked that I didn't remember." Shai says and I sit by her on the bed, as she sits up and leans her head on my shoulder.

"Isn't your birthday next week?" She asks pulling her head off me. "It may be." I say scratching my head, she just laughs.

"I know it is, but why don't you want to talk about it?" Shai asks.

"Because it isn't a big deal." I say getting up and walking towards the kitchen.