Chapter 6>>>

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.

Theo's POV
It's finally the weekend, and I have to say that I'm thankful. I brought a bucket load of paperwork back to my apartment, and most of it all needed to be graded. The other things I needed to file. And this is all from only the first week of school.

I sigh stretching, getting out of bed. I walk to the bathroom, getting ready to shower. I grab a white towel and lay out for after I finish.

I get in and out pretty quickly, walking into my bedroom with the towel wrapped around my waist. I go to my large closet and pick out a black t-shirt, jeans and a black leather jacket for if I go out. I change, but my mind is somewhere else. Still thinking of my dream from last night.

"It's so beautiful out here, with the shinning stars." She says leaning further back into my chest, my arms holding her tight.

"Yeah, it is." We're out on my roof top, looking out at the night sky. "It's amazing to think that somewhere else, someone is looking at the exact same star." She tells me, and I rest my chin on the top of her head.

Her dirty blonde hair sending me the aroma of her lilac shampoo. The smell of that and her vanilla lotion, she put on after our shower.

"Now if I'm ever away from you, you can look up and see the stars. And I'll be looking too, wishing it was really you instead." I say to her.

"Well when would you ever be away from me?? "She questions, now looking up at me. A smirk plastered on her face and a smile growing on mine.

I shake my head, trying to do away with the memory of the dream. It's not that the dream was bad-it was amazing. It's that I shouldn't be thinking of her in that way. Especially not my own student.

I stand up and walk out to my living room, getting out all the papers. File after file I have to flip through, making sure everything is in each one. I open one and the papers fall out, scattering on the floor.

"Damn it." I mumble under my breath. I sigh, gathering them up. But the paper that stares right back at me, just happens to be hers. I shut my eyes, and pinch the bridge of my nose.

It's like the universe wants me to suffer right now, suffer knowing that the way I feel towards this girl is too powerful.

I hold the paper in my hands, and sigh looking at it. I don't know why I'm like this, I've had 'crushes' before. Some I've acted on, others I just left.

But this one feels different, she's different. I can't think straight when I speak to her, or when I'm around her. It's impossible to leave this one alone.

Apparently, my thoughts had distracted me from my actions. Because before I can stop my fingers, they're already dialing. Dialing her number...

As I hold the phone up to my ear, I'm yelling at myself. How could I be so stupid to be doing this??

"Hello?" Oh shit, I'm fucking screwed.

I clear my voice, trying to compose myself. "Shailene. Hey, it's um.. Theo." I say and am mentally slapping myself.

"Oh! Hi Theo!" She says and her tone catches me off guard, she's actually pleased??

"Hey, are you busy this afternoon?" I ask. My mind and my mouth are not connected at the moment, thinking one thing and saying the other.

"I don't think so. Why? What'd you have in mind?" She asks, and it's good to hear her voice again.

"Would you... Maybe want to get a cup of tea or something?" I ask, rubbing the back of my neck nervously.