Chapter 24>>>

I never wanted to be your whole life- just your favorite part. 

Shai's POV

"Will you stop fidgeting??" Theo asks me for the third time in the last twenty minutes. We're in the car, heading to his parents house.

"I'm sorry. I'm nervous." I mumble, playing with the buttons on my coat now.

"Don't be." Theo says keeping his eyes on the road, but placing a hand on my thigh. All of outside is white now, thanks to the snow that came late last night. And dusted the roads and everything else in a white coat.

"Jess is anxious to meet you." Theo says, making me look at him.

"Really? I didn't know you told her." I say. "I didn't. Mum did, and I got an email from her saying that Jess really wants to meet you." Theo explains, and part of me relaxes.

"Who all will be there?" I ask.

"Well.." Theo begins, and sits up a bit in his seat.

"My mother and father." He says, naming the obvious.

"Jess's husband Ben, and their kids Lily and Weston." "How old are they?" I question.

"Lily just turned six in June, and very proud of it." Theo says with a smile. "Weston's two and a half. And you can't forget that half, or he'll get mad." He says making me laugh.

Seeing Theo just talk about his niece and nephew just prove how much he truly loves them, and how much he loves kids.

"James should be there, and my sister Anna. She's pregnant with her first." Theo says. "Her husband isn't able to come because of work. And I think Alistair should be there."

"That's a unique name." I comment.

"Yeah. My parents really thought that one out and gave up with James and I, sticking us with boring names." Theo says back, turning down a street.

I laugh, "That's not what I meant."

"So all my sibling should be there." Theo says heading down to some pretty big houses.

"We're almost there aren't we??" I ask, starting my deep breathing again.

"Babe, calm down." Theo says grabbing my hand in his, and rubbing his thumb softly over it.

The fact that he called me 'babe' is the main reason I calmed down, the fuzzy feeling in my chest warming the rest of my body.

"We're here." Theo says turning to me and turning the engine off.

I look to him and he kisses me lightly, "You'll be fine and they'll love you. I promise."

I nod, taking deep breaths while getting out of the vehicle. It's a very large house, and I'm sure will seem even bigger when we get inside. Theo comes around to my side and takes my hand, hoping that it will calm me down.

"You okay?" Theo asks, as we walk to the front steps.

"Honestly?? No." I say and he chuckles lightly. Kissing my cheek, he then goes up to ring the doorbell.

It opens shortly, revealing a older woman but nothing short of beautiful. "Theodore!!" She says with much enthusiasm. I have to bite my lip to keep my laughter inside.

"They're here!" She yells over her shoulder to everyone who's inside the house.

"I'm Jane. You must be Shailene." Jane says holding out a hand.

"Yes. It's nice to meet you." I say shaking her hand.

"Oh, why she's lovely Theodore." Jane says, still holding onto my hand.