Chapter 28>>>

It's 5:42 in the morning, and the sun is just beginning to rise. But instead of getting up to see it, I'm going to roll over and fall asleep in your arms. Because you are the most beautiful thing I could ever hope to wake up to.

Theo's POV

Holding her waist, my hands feel the soft yellow cotton of her dress. Her arms are wrapped around me, holding me tight, and the smell of the perfume she wears blows around in the breeze.

The city lights in the distance cause the dark night sky look brighter, and the stars harder to find.

A soft hum comes from the girl in my arms as we dance in the night. I rest my chin in her braided chestnut brown hair, and kiss it softly. There's no place I'd rather be, than here with her.

>>>>>

Laying in my bed with the fresh sunlight soaking my room in warmth, my eyes are almost blinded by the light. Shai is snuggled into my arm and I couldn't ask for a better way to wake up, having her be the first thing I see.

I kiss the back of her head, the scent of the vanilla shampoo she uses mixes with the lavender lotion she puts on before bed, fills my nose.

We got back yesterday night, and I'm thankful to be home. It was nice to see my family and for everyone to meet Shailene, but a week with my family is long enough. I was happy to hear and see that everyone was taken to her, and liked that I found a girl like Shai.

I feel Shai begin to stir in my arms, and I move to kiss the side of her head lightly. Leaving my lips lingering there for a short while.

"Morning." She murmurs, not opening her eyes. She snuggles closer to me, making me smile to myself.

"Morning." I say back, my lips moving to the top of her head.

"Do we have to get up?" She asks, her eyes opening slowly.

I chuckle softly, my chest rumbling against her own body. "No. We don't have to." I say, honestly just wanting to hold my girl forever.

I pull the covers up a bit, to cover her shoulder that was only covered by a thin tank top strap. I wrap my arms around her even tighter, and she cuddles into me as far as she can.

We eventually get up when it hits eleven, and take turns showering. I'm fixing the sheets, done with my shower, when Shai comes out of the bathroom. She walks out squeezing her wet hair with a white towel. She's wearing one of my navy sweatshirts that's long on her, and some gray sweatpants. And of course... no socks.

"I was thinking." I say, picking up my pillow and fluffing it a bit.

Shai takes a seat on the end of the bed, ready to listen. "Really??" She asks, sarcasm dripping in her voice.

"Yes, I wanted to ask you something." I say, joining her on the edge of the bed. I pull up the sleeves of my dark green sweater.

"You're not going to get on one knee right?? Or ask for me to get pregnant or some crazy thing right?" Shailene asks, getting up quickly to place the towel in the hamper.

"No, but crazy... I don't know. What do you consider crazy??" I ask, as she walks back. Coming back and straddling me, her arms around my neck.

"Oh, I don't know, just ask me already." She pushes, smiling one of those contagious smiles she has.

"Well, I wanted to know, if you might, if you'd--"

"Theo, spit it out!" She laughs.

"Do you want to move in with me?" I manage to say, and look into Shai's eyes.

I wait as I watch for her response, and as the time passes I get more and more nervous and embarrassed I asked.

But when a shimmering smile appears on her face and she hugs me close I know it's fine.

She pulls back, looking at me. "Of course I will!" Shai exclaims, kissing me numerous times.

"Really?" I ask, making sure that all this is real. My heart pumping fast from all the anxiety and excitement in this moment.

"Yes, I'd love to move in with you Theo." Shai says, hugging me close again. Whispering in my ear, "I love you."

"I love you too." I whisper back, kissing her neck making me laugh softly.

Shai pulls away to look at me, but comes back kissing me hard on the lips. Her soft lips attacking mine with a passion, yet with a certain care.

Kissing Shailene is indescribable, when I kissed her for the first time I knew I'd never be able to stop kissing this girl. Her touch being something I'd always crave, her love something I'd always desire, and the way she looked at me... I knew I needed in my life.

I pull back, looking intently into her sparking green eyes and whispering against the side of her mouth, so close to her lips. "I love you."

She's mine. She's the love of my life. The brightness in all of my darkness. I love her.

A/N: Hey all! I know... this could be longer. But I hope it was okay... I hadn't actually planned much for this chapter but then things just started to flow as I wrote and I'm happy with the outcome. Hope you are too.