Chapter 39>>>

To be honest with you, I don't have the words to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug. The ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I have a heart; a heart that's aching to see you smile again.

Theo's POV

Shai's still asleep when I awake, the Saturday fog mixes with the light from the sunrise that's floating in through my window. I look down at her sleeping figure, the way she looks so relaxed and so free of any stress.

I can't help but feel awful that I can't do anything to help her. Seeing her relive the past- she clearly doesn't want to relive- breaks me. Because this is a situation where it's all up to her, she makes all calls and all decisions. And all I can do is stand by her as she endures it all.

I feel her body slightly jerk in my arms. Then it stops.

"Did you have a dream?" I whisper in her ear, seeing her eyes peak open slightly.

"How long have you been up?" Shai's voice asks, sleep trailing in her voice causing it to be lower than her normal. And choosing to ignore my question.

I look down at her, seeing her bun that lays on the top of her head, with stands of hair falling out of it. And her eyes still adjusting to the light.

"Not long." I whisper, bending down to kiss her softly. Every time I kiss her, each time I touch her I get those same butterflies. The ones I had at the beginning of it all, and somehow the feelings even stronger now. Maybe it's because she's mine and I have to pinch myself to make sure it's real. Or maybe because I still can't believe how beautiful she is, and that's when the butterflies erupt from within me.

Pulling back and staring down at her, I gently push some free strands out of her eyes and behind her ears. Shai smiles up at me as I do the same, staring lovingly down at her.

"What should we do today?" I ask her, sitting up.

"I don't know, what'd you have in mind??" Shai asks, sitting up as well. Resting her head on my shoulder, leaning her weight into me.

"Oh, I don't know." I laugh, sighing loudly falling back on the bed.

Shai smiles, climbing onto me, straddling my lap. Her cold hands run up and down my bare chest, which sends goosebumps up my arms and chills running through my body. She only wears my old t-shirt that stops mid thigh on her, and black undergarments.

"Let's just stay in bed." She suggests, a spark behind her eyes-thinking about something that I can't see.

"We could do that." I say before Shai locks her lips with mine. Cradling her cheek in my right hand, my fingers tangle within her hair. Feeling the softness of her locks, and the faint smell of her green apple conditioner that she bought days ago.

The feeling of bliss overwhelms me and the taste of her lips numbing my senses in the most intoxicating way. As the kiss heats and deepens her tongue touches my bottom lip, as if asking permission. I open mine as her slips in, entangling our mouths even more.