Chapter 23: The Secret

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 23: The Secret (Natsu's POV)

As I lie down in bed after a long day of questions, I realize the day is coming up soon. I'll have to tell her sooner or later. Lucy flops into bed and immediately snuggles under the covers trying to get warm from the cool nights. I wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer to me.

Everyone knows except her. They day I travel far off to the place where she died, the anniversary of her death. Zeref is gone and so is E.N.D...Well, for the most part.Etherious is still inside of me, but I have learned to control him. My guildmates call it a curse, The Curse of Etherious. Lucy can stop it. I know she can, but I don't want to drag her into this. I stare down at the sleeping blonde curled up in my embrace. I don't want to lose her. I know that if I tell her, she will insist on coming. I would probably have to get dragons to stop her, but even they can't handle her when she in on a rampage. Memories of one week, every single month in the dragon realm flash through my head and shivers run down my spine. If I don't tell her, I'll live a life not telling the most important person in it my biggest secret.

"Natsu..." Lucy whispers out. "Don't go, please." tears start streaming down her face as she starts to cry while asleep. It's like she can read minds! "I'm not going anywhere." I respond to her sleep talking, trying to sooth her. She snuggles deeper into my embrace before sinking back into her deep slumber. I will tell her. I have to. As I think about the pros and cons, I start to drift off to sleep, knowing my choice and secret.

A delicious smell wafts through the hotel room, waking me up. My eyes open as my nose searches for the direction of the smell. As it familiarizes, I run and lock all the doors and windows before sitting down at the table. It's Lucy's cooking. I close my eyes and inhale the delectable aroma, before opening them to see three dragonslayers and three exceeds sitting in the hotel room. "Hey, this is our room!" I shout at the early morning guests. "But Lushee is cooking!" Happy whines. Lucy laughs. "I had a feeling you guys would come whether Natsu locked all the entrances or not." she says waving the spatula around like a celestial key. After a few minutes, the food was bestowed upon the dragonslayers.

The food was eaten fast and guests left satisfied in a matter of minutes. As we sit at the table, finishing what was left of our plates, I decide to tell her.

"Hey Luce, there's something I need to tell you." I say slowly and uneasily. Being the creative writer she is, billions of scenarios probably crossed her mind. Her bangs cover her eyes as she looks down. "You're seeing someone else, aren't you?" she says, her voice quavering. I scrunch up my nose. "No!" I scoff. "I would never leave you, it's just..." I begin telling her the story about how after she died, the curse came to life and I would have to leave.

Tears spring out of her eyes as she bangs her head on the table. "No!" She sobs in frustration. "I'm sorry Luce, but I got to go-" I am cut off. "It's not that." she cries. "I died for nothing!" My eyes widen as I stare at her. "What do you mean?" I ask and she takes her head out of her arms, her face streaked with tears. "Though Zeref is dead, the spell didn't work all the way through. Another castor who wants to control E.N.D can swoop in and revive the Etherious inside of you! I couldn't truly save you, Natsu. I am sorry!" Lucy gets up to run, but I grab her wrist. "What are you apologizing for? I'm still here and you're here, so what can go wrong?" I say.

Lucy looks at me in fear. "Everything. I am the cause of your curse. In order to remove it, I would need to perform the spell again. I still haven't built up all my strength after coming back to life. I still need to train." Lucy wipes her face with her spare hand. "Do the dragons know?" she asks and I shake my head. "Igneel does, but not the other dragons." I respond and she grasps hand firmly. "Open Portal: Dragon Realm!" a portal appears under us and sucks us through

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Hey, guys! Please don't kill me! To make up my absence here is a Fairy Tail/Black Butler crossover pic:

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to leave a like and a comment to show your support

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure to leave a like and a comment to show your support. Also, how many chapters would you like in this book? My previous goal was to have 25, but that may be exceeded. Leave a comment and I will continue writing! BAIIIIIIIIIIIII!