Chapter 9: A Game and a Fight

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also note that these next few chapters will be in Lucy's POV
(Btw drew this myself)

Chapter 9: A Game And a Fight (Lucy's POV)

A series of roars wakes me up. I cough and hang helplessly from the chains. A lacrima screen pops up in front of me, showing a woman in checkered clothing and Wendy, separated by a chess board. "So, you wish to challenge Ilta of the Chessboard? One of the 5 Kodomo?" The woman says. Wendy nods her head and looks at the camera. "Don't worry, Lucy! Natsu is on his way up!" she says and I sigh in relief. They always seem to look my way when I need it.  A shine from her ear and I know what is happening. I automatically recognize it as a communication lacrima.

"Hello? Hello?" I hear a voice inside my head. "Hello?" I say back to them in my head. "We got ahold of her!" I hear a series of cheers in my head. "Lucy, this is very important. We sent Wendy, Gajeel, Grey, Mira, and Erza into the castle where you and Layla are. Are there any windows near by and how are your conditions?" Mavis says in my head.

"Yes, there is a window, but there is an obvious protection barrier, so getting through it would be hard and Layla is knocked out, but I just woke up." I respond and I look out the window. I see a weird, giant, tepee made out of trees. I try to lean closer and see a small figure walk out. Because of being so high up, I can't make out who it is. They shine a light and it lights up like a firework and explodes. "We sent out Sting to send a light. Tell us, do you see it and can you tell us where you saw it from." Mavis says again before chatting with someone else. "Alright I'll make that move!" Wendy says and I grin. "I saw the castor, though I couldn't make out who is was, so I am pretty high up. I also saw the light reach up and explode."

"Also tell Wendy and the others that I said 'hi' with the communication lacrima." "I estimate that you are on the top floor with the giant window and you catch on quickly, but how did you know?" "Vayen set up a giant lacrima with many screens. The one that is up currently is Wendy's chess battle, I see the others running up the stairs." I respond and Layla stirs. "Thank you for the info! Now I need to help Wendy. Here." A tiny crystal is launched up and makes it through the barrier. It hits me in the face and locks onto my ear, like an earring. "Say: Lacrima on. Now bye!" Mavis finishes and I whisper "Lacrima on." I am only connected to Wendy and Mavis right now, but they  can hear me now. "Hello!" I say to my friend. Wendy smirks. "Stage 3 is now in progress!" She says and Ilta's face turns distressed. "How would you know?" She growls "It's a secret and I don't plan on sharing it!" "Well then let's make a deal! If you win, you will get to keep your secret and I'll give you one on Vayen, otherwise, you tell me your secret." Wendy has a challenging smirk on her face. "Alright! But no magic or tricks to change the game or bad secrets!"

Ilta smirks "Fair enough." and I glance worriedly at her. "Master Mavis, you're gonna need to step up your 'A' game. I think that she is up to something." I whisper. "Yes, I had that feeling too, but from her moves so far, I have calculations of what she would do." I whisper a small sentence of praise before continuing to watch the game. Ilta is starting to have a hard time with the game. "This is impossible! How is a little girl beating me?" she screams. "Okay now move the knight to E4." Mavis says and Wendy did so. "Check mate!" Wendy says and the pieces on the board disappear. "You little brat!" Ilta screeches.

Wendy gets in a fighting stance. Ilta is furious and screams "Tile Darts!" small sharp chess tiles shoot at Wendy. "Sky Dragon Roar!" Wendy roars and blows the tiles away. Ilta smirks "So you're a wind magic user!" "Stone Pieces!" she says and stone chess pieces start attacking Wendy. "Sky Dragon Crushing Fang!" Wendy says and breaks the stone. Ilta is surprised at this action. Tiles spring out of Ilta's fingertips and cut up Wendy while she is destroying the stone chess pieces. Each tile sticks to her and electrocutes her. "Wendy!" I shout and it echos through the room. "That prisoner brat is worried about you. Let me give her something to calm her down." Ilta says slyly. Tiles continue to come out of her fingertips, but fly in a different direction. I start struggling with the chains.

I look out the window and a huge tile flies through. It attaches itself onto my stomach and electrocutes me. Pain wavers throughout my body and I scream. More tiles flood through and attach. The pain is excruciating and I can only sit at wait for it to stop, still yelling in pain. A crash is heard from floors down. I hear Ilta laugh. "Seems like your little friend Natsu is throwing a fit." she says and another screen pops up. It shows a staircase. One of the walls has a huge hole and shows the hectic outside. I hear another voice connected to my communication lacrima. "Jeez, that flame head  better get his emotions under control. "G-Gaj-jeel." I mumble.

Wendy's face turns angry. "You will pay for messing with Fairy Tail!"Wendy shouts "I'll make sure of it!" Ilta smirks "We'll see about that-" Ilta is cut off by Wendy "Shattering Light: Sky Drill!" Wendy yells and wind forms around her and launches it at Ilta. Ilta falls to the ground and disappears. The tiles fall off me and the pain goes away as well. "What? Where did she go?" Wendy asks. The glow that emanated from her before she could only mean one thing in my mind. "I think she was a celestial spirit." I breath. "Does that mean, all the 5 Kodomo are celestial spirits?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading for a while but school is out! (At least for me) I will be updating more and finishing up some books. I don't think that this book will end in a mere few chapters but still, hope you enjoyed! Leave a vote or a comment to show your support! BAIIIIIIIII!