Chapter 10: Mazes

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 10: Mazes (Lucy's POV)

"If they are, then they must be Vayens celestial spirits!" Wendy exclaims. I nod my head in agreement. "Hey, Gajeel! It is great to talk to you again!" I say and he grumbles. "I am only doing this 'cause your Levy's friend and I am only doing it for that reason. "Well I think it is cute-" I hear stomping down the hallway. "I have to go!" I whisper as the footsteps get closer. Vayen comes into view. "Hello, Lucky Lucy." Vayen says and I growl. "I told you not to call me that!" I yell. "Your lucky that I don't take away that lacrima on your ear!" he says in a menacing tone. I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out.

"How did I know? Well, you and your loud voice can be heard from the arena where I am waiting for your weak friends to come." I raise my chin high. "After they defeat your celestial spirits?" Vayen glares at me again suspiciously. "How did you know?" he asks and I smirk. "They fade away after being beaten? That makes it pretty clear that they are celestial spirits. They also are very loyal and stick with their promises, like every celestial wizard and spirit."

Vayen grits his teeth. "And really, if we can drain your supply of magical energy, we can take down the remaining spirits." Vayen looks distressed. I glance to the screen and see Gajeel hopelessly wandering around the maze. "Vayen, you're done for." I mutter. "Shut up!" He shouts and dark lasers shoot out of his hand and hit me. I scream out in pain and the castle shakes in response. "Looks like your little friend is losing it again." Vayen chuckles darkly. I inhale deeply. "Well, he cares more about me then you ever did, and you're my dad." I rasp.

Vayen brushes my comment off and two trays appear in his hands. He sets them down and loosens the chains so that Layla and I fall. Layla wakes up and Vayen leaves the room. The door slams shut. "Layla, Mom, you're awake." I say, sighing in relief. The trays contain a piece of bread, some water, and a tiny bowl of rice. Layla got a much larger portion while I had a smaller one. That didn't come as a surprise, I mean she is a dragon.

I try to stand, but my legs give out. I crawl my way to the tray and eat hastily. This is my first meal in days. I chug the water and continue eating ravenously. Layla stumbles her way to the tray and collapses, making the floor shake. I shiver against the cold floor. The screen sits like a tv in front of us.

"Gajeel." I say and his attention is all on me. "Take the next left turn, then take your first right." I say. A camera follows Gajeel, but also gives me a full view of the maze. Gajeel nods his head and follows my directions. I keep giving him directions and he soon reaches a small arena. In the center is whom I suspect to be Soran of the Mazes. "Gajeel, I believe that is Soran of the Mazes." I comment and Gajeel 'tsk's. "Isn't that obvious, Blondie?" Gajeel growls. Even is my current position, I can't help but, clench my fist "What did you just call me?" I growl and Gajeel stiffens. "I don't like people calling me names. Gajeel you are going to get the beatdown of your life after this!" I shout and I hear a few laughters over the mic. I start to hear traces of a very familiar voice, Erza's.

Gajeel takes a stance the man looks at him. "Cutting right to the chase." Soran says and smirks. Gajeel lunges at him. "Iron Dragon Iron Fist!" Gajeel yells and hits Soran. Soran hits a pile of leaves. "Spiraling Vines!" Soran shouts and hits Gajeel. "Iron Dragon Roar!" Gajeel destroys the vines and hits Soran in the face. The battle goes on and Soran never is affected by Gajeel's powerful attacks. One hit sends a cut to his cheek and the flesh under the skin is green. I realise that's not even flesh. "Gajeel! The Soran you're fighting is a fake!" I shout and Gajeel's metal arm turns into the chainsaw blade.

Gajeel slices through the fake Soran and Soran turns to vines. The real Soran jumps out to attack Gajeel, but Gajeel dodges the attack "Iron Dragon Talon!" Gajeel kicks Soran in the stomach and he crashes into the wall. Now that the real Soran is out, Gajeel is beating him down. The fights that would have been very difficult have become fairly easy. "Master Mavis?" I say. "Yes, Lucy, what do you need?" Mavis answers. "Did you all train? These fights should be hard, but I don't see anyone having trouble." I ask and Mavis giggles "Of course we did, silly! A more difficult fight is coming up for everyone, so to be prepared, we trained." Gajeel strikes one last blow on Soran and Soran falls to the ground. "All I need to do now is beat up Salamander." Gajeel grumbles. "Gajeel!" A voice squeaks. Wendy is jumping and running on the hedges of the maze and quickly making her way to him. "Gajeel." she says "We should go to the next floor. Each battle takes about the times to walk up the long stairs to the next floor. So, we should set out for Erza." Wendy says and Gajeel nods. They start up the stairs to get to Erza.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

*Hides  behind computer* H-Hey guys! Please don't kill me. I am sorry that I haven updated in awhile. I have been working on a lot of other things and haven't had time to update. This won't be the only update today, I assure you, but please don't hate me. Anyways, hope you have enjoyed this chapter! Leave a vote or a comment to show your support. BAIIIIIIIIII!!