Chapter 14: Memories

Before we start I have to let you know that I do NOT own Fairy Tail *sigh* it belongs to Hiro Mashima. The story however is mine. Just make sure you know that m'kay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I suggest playing the song now, but you can do whatever)

Chapter 14: Memories (Natsu's POV)

It wasn't until I heard the faint 'Natsu' and Acnologia stepped aside that I noticed the blonde with the torn, dirty wedding dress. I already saw Layla, because...well...she's a dragon. Lucy is covered in bruises, cuts, and wounds. I grit my teeth as I look at the kidnapper. "Didn't you hear me?" I ask "I said: Give Lucy back!" flames engulf my body as I attack Vayen.

It was a few days before Lucy's birthday (according to dragon realm time) and everyone was running around to get things ready. The party was taking place on the back portion of the castle so the dragons could join in. Wendy was distracting Lucy with some of her new sky magic on the celestial island. I was setting out food and laying out the gifts we each got her. Everything was going according to plan until Wendy burst through the door saying Lucy was on her way. We weren't even close to having everything done, so I had to go distract her. "Hey Luce! I wanna show you something cool!"

Vayen counters my attack and hits me against the wall. I groan in pain. "Natsu! Please get up!" Lucy shouts. I jump to my feet. "Fire Dragon Roar!"

"Open Portal: Magnolia!" I say and drag Lucy through the portal and appear on the outskirts of Magnolia. I wait 3 seconds before opening the portal and pulling Lucy through. "I thought you had something to show me?" she says and my face turns red. "Well I forgot so I'll show you it later if I remember." I lie smoothly. Lucy looks at me suspiciously then brushes it off. "Hey! I'll be right back. Stay here." I say and run to the castle. They were getting the finishing touches on the party. "It looks great guys!" I say and they all grin "How did you distract Lucy that long?" Wendy asks and I smirk. "Took her to Earthland for 3 seconds and brought her back." One of the dragons peek their head through the door. "Lucy's coming! Hide!" Layla says.

Vayen blocks the attack and tries to hit me, but I sidestep it and kick him in the gut. Vayen barely moves. "Hey Vayen!" Layla roars at him "You better be prepared for anything that comes from this guy. You kidnapped his fiance."

I quickly run into my assigned spot and wait. I hear the back castle door creak open. "Hey guys I'm-" Lucy gasps in surprise and we all jump out. "Surprise! Happy birthday Lucy!" We yell. Lucy covers her mouth and starts to tear up. "You guys-" The dragons fly over from above and land on their usual spots.

The reminder that we were supposed to be married and everything was ruined. Something sparks in me and lighting mixes in with my fire. "This brat was supposed to marry my daughter? A stupid boy for a stupid girl." Vayen cackles, though looks worried at the sight of lightning. "Lightning Dragon Roar!" I shout and he groans a bit at the impact. "Lightning Dragon Iron Fist!" I hit him repeatedly with attack and he is taking more damage than he was before.

We celebrate and I have never seen Lucy more happy. There is always a smile on her face. "Happy birthday to you!" We finish the tiny tune and cheers follow shortly after. Lucy blows out the candles except for one. She hands the single candle to me and I immediately eat the fire. A series of soft chuckles rings out. Lucy slices up the cake and hands it to anyone who wants it. Even though it is her birthday, she is still kind enough to do things for others, even on special days for her.

Vayen is getting enraged. He is hitting more often and harder with his attacks. I feel black spots form over my vision and I see a crying Lucy and a smirking Layla. "You shouldn't have been so rough with the chains, Acnologia, I feel them snapping. A gold and blue glow emits from Layla. It shines brightly in my vision and is the last thing I see before I black out.

I smile to myself. I look over to see Lucy enjoying herself, even though she is doing things for others. Lucy is the kindest. Though when something is making her angry, she is not afraid to show it, but she still puts others before her. I remember when she sacrificed herself for herself. Future Rogue killed her. "Hey Natsu?" Lucy's voice rings through my ears. "Are you okay?" she asks as the party continues. I realize that I would do anything for her. I smile "Yep! I'm feeling great!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Right now it is 2:25 in the morning for me but I don't care. Anyway leave a vote or a comment to show your support! BAIIIIIII