Chapter 29 - Plan

Start from the beginning

I pulled back, staring at her with rage and confusion.

"Haven" Jake urged me, his hand removing from mine to return only around my waist. The sudden closeness gave my body something else to think about, something else to keep my mind off of this new information.

Slowly, my hand reached out, the shaking becoming clear to all as she took my hand and stared down at my ring.

"My my, Hudson's working hard on this one" She mumbled as she ran her fingers over the stone.

I watched as she closed her eyes and began to chant something inaudible to herself. I felt my hand grow warm, unsure if it were supposed to as I twitched under her grip. I watched and waited, reeling from the entire mere five minutes I'd been in her presence.

"There" She mumbled finally as she pulled back completely, my arm dropping as I stared down at my hand, burning as the ring glowed a deep clear white.

"That's it?" I asked myself

"Now we're even" She sighed towards the brothers before she turned and walked off casually leaving me stunned.

"She shouldn't have told you those things the way she did" Julian stepped in "I'm sorry"

Suddenly, I stepped back, my eyes narrow on him.

"You knew?"

"No, not, not about your father, but, Aldrek was doing some digging, he knew somewhere in your bloodline there was something amiss, he just wasn't sure what it was" Julian defended.

My anger began to settle just as It was about to boil.

"I can't do this" I shook my head as I pulled myself away from the brothers pushing my way through the crowd as they began to call out towards me, heads turning in my direction at the scene.

I began to slow my running, glancing behind myself knowing I shouldn't have the moment I felt my body run into something hard, a pair of strong arms were instantly on my shoulders steadying me

"Dear Miss, are you okay?" The man asked as I glanced up at his face.

"I'm fine" I mumbled as Jake and Julian appeared behind me.

"Blaine!" Julian suddenly exclaimed as a smile broadened his face.

"Ah, Julian, I was wondering when I'd find you" The man in front of me spoke. Suddenly, I realized who I had bumped into;

Blaine

"Jake, long time no see" Blaine smiled towards Jake who still stood behind me.

"You're looking well" Jake nodded towards him as I took in Blaine's appearance.

He was a tall man, as tall as Jake but older. He had the slight welcome of wrinkles on his cheeks and forehead and lines as he spoke towards us. I was rapid to notice he also had the same eyes as Jake, dark, colourless. It made him seem much more dangerous as he peered down at me at last.

"This must be the Haven I've been hearing so much about, I take it Tara has already spoken to you?" He guessed easily as my brain ran a thousand miles an hour "Come, we should talk" He directed as he turned with a warm smile. I was now unafraid of Blaine, more terrified of Tara and what she had said.

Julian walked ahead of me, Jake behind as we followed Blaine, two large stocky men walking on either side of him like deadly bodyguards.

I continued to push my tempting tears away, forcing my eyes to stay dry at least until we were out of the house.

"It'll be okay" Jake whispered behind me as we stepped up the spiral staircase I had seen earlier. Near every person we passed looked towards us curious as to why we were following Blaine up into what I guessed would be his office. Obviously, these kinds of things didn't happen often, and shortly after, whispers began to circulate beneath us.