Fourteen.

Violets POV:

Finally get a break from English lit revision classes, so I stand outside in the smoking area and light a cigarette.

"Sorry, you don't happen to have a lighter do you?" A very recognisable boy asked me. He had wavy brown hair that was for some reason a lot longer and wavy at the front wig big brown eyes and a little bit of stubble on his face.

"Yeah sure" I said handing him the lighter out my box.

"Your in my English Lit class.. Right?" He asked.

"Erm probably, I don't really pay attention to the people in there, I just kinda get lost in the lesson" I said trying not to sound like a massive geek.

"I know I see you, I think it's cool how much your into writing"

"I'm Violet" I said putting my hand out for him to shake, he accepts and holds on to my hand rather tightly.

"I'm Jamie" he smiles.

"So how come I've only just met you?" I ask.

"I like to keep myself to myself, you know do what I gotta do to get out of this town!" He said.

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do"

"But I see you have a thew complications" he said

"What'd you mean?"

"I see you hang about with Brad Simpson"

"Brads Harmless"

"Are yous together?"

I pause as I think about what we actually are, I was too embarrassed to say we're friends with benefits cause I didn't want Jamie thinking I was a slut, but I didn't wanna tell him I was single cause if Brad said that to a girl id be hurt.

"It's complicated" was all I could think to say.

"If you were my girl, it would never be complicated" he winked at me. I blushed at his words but was Interrupted by Brad.

"Who's this?" He asked draping his arm around my shoulder clearly trying to state that I was his.

"Brad this is Jamie from my English class"

"Sup man" Jamie smiled at Brad but Brad just ignored him.

"Come on Vi were all going to the pub" Brad tugs at my arm.

"I can't I've got another hour of class before I finish"

"Just bunk it" Brad whined.

"Wow what a caring boyfriend" Jamie mumbled.

"What did you just say!" Brad squared up to Jamie.

"I said-" Jamie started but I didn't let him finish, it would have been his last words.

"Nothing!" He said nothing! Look ill meet you at the pub after alright" I said kissing his lips and walking back to my English class with Jamie.