Twelve.

Violets POV:

"Okay so the writer of this piece is basically saying that the relationship was toxic" I said to Brad who's meant to be helping me with my English coursework but instead is just laying on my bed watching TV.

"Yeah babe, sounds about right" he said clearly not showing any Interest.

"And then in this piece the writer talks about how the hot, blonde, young girl pounces on the curly haired boy, ripping his clothes off and taking him there and then" I looked up from a piece of paper I was pretending to read from to see brad wide eyed and mouth open.

"Right, now I have your attention" I started laughing and so did he, I loved his laugh.

Wait what am I saying?

Love?

Love, love, love what is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

"Your meant to be helping me"

"Look Violet, you are the smartest person I know, you and poems are like fucking soul mates! You've got this okay, you don't need my help" he stared into my eyes as I hung onto every word he said that dropped from his brummie mouth. My eyes stopped at his lips as his did mine and we moved in closer until we were abruptly disturbed by the sound of brads phone ringing. He sighed heavily and leant over to reach his phone.

"Hello?"

"I-i can't right now-"

"I'm busy! For fuck sake!"

"Fine.."

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I watched him hang up the phone and drop his head in his hands.

"I've gotta go Violet" he said standing up.

"Where?"

"Somewhere"

"Are you meeting someone?" I asked out of fear he was meeting another girl again.

"No" he said shocked at my words, he knelt down beside me and held my hand. "Look I promised I wasn't gonna do that ever again" he said but I couldn't bring myself to believe him.

"Then you can tell me where your going" I said sounding more stern.

"My grandad-" he started but struggled to finish. "He's brilliant, he erm, he's a proper sound lad! Always up for a laugh got sick taste in music" I smiled as I watched his smile grow wider just by talking about his grandad who he clearly cared about a lot.

"But my dickhead dad put him in a home, a special hospital just because he got a little bit forgetful I mean could you fucking blame him he lost his wife man!" I could see he was getting worked up so I slowly placed my hand ontop of his.

"And I.. I just haven't brought myself to go and see him... I can't... I just can't do it" it was weird seeing so much emotion pure out of him.

"I could go with you?" My voice was so quiet I'm shocked he even heard, but he did.

"You'd do that" he asked shocked.

"Of course I would" I smiled warmly at him.

"Thank you" he smiled back and placed a soft but passionate kiss on my lips it was only for a second but of course the fire was still there.