27. Through the Countless Nights That I've fallen For You

Start from the beginning

Lucas glanced back at him, "That's because if she had mentioned him, I'm pretty sure she would have been killed."

Kai narrowed his eyes back at his brother, "You know who did this?"

"Do you know Bronn?" Lucas leaned back looking over at Solomon around the horse.

Solomon didn't answer.

"Exactly, the one man that the Ragason Empire was able to destroy."

Solomon cracked a brow as he turned back to Lucas and Kai.

"You know what that means." Lucas shot back at Solomon.

Dublin, Ireland

"Being strong is smart."

I held onto my side as someone pushed me over onto my back.

He narrowed his eyes at me as he put his hand on my throat, "You know princess, I always thought he would have gone for someone with a little more class."

I coughed as he removed his hand allowing me to breathe once again.

"McKenzie, you are no Lothbrok."

"I'm glad you finally caught on." I mumbled out to him as everything went dark again.

"Excuse me, but can I have this dance?"

I glanced up from my plate as he stood infront of me grinning down at me with his hand to me.

I peeked over as Ragnar nodded his head back at me to go ahead.

He was kind as he pulled me toward the middle of the floor.

I slipped my hand onto his shoulder as a grin formed on his lips.

"You are a sweet woman." He whispered into my ear as I felt his warm breathe against my neck.

"I am glad you are enjoying yourself tonight." I grinned back at him.

"Can I ask you something?" He kept me swaying as the music was still playing around us sending other couples past us.

"Yes."

"Walk out with me." He grinned pulling me out of the room.

I grinned back at him as we walked past the others for the doors out of the room leaving the music behind us.

He laughed back at me as we walked out into the garden as the sound of the waterfall behind us chimed in with the crickets.

"Why are we out here?" I asked with a smile on my lips.

"I wanted to pull you to the side and ask you about the scars."

I stopped smiling as I felt his voice against my skin. It was like someone had taken their nails down my back.

"I wanted to know why the precious Lothbrok daughter is scarred like a wounded animal."

I turned around as he was smiling at me, "Who are you?"

"I walked with a promise that I would rule. That I would stand at the throne of Ireland and know that tomorrow my bloodline will command the seas."