Chapter 24

-Chapter 24-

The next morning was a disaster.

Following up on what Jarrell had - sort of - confessed to me, I woke up the next morning not by my alarm clock. It was by a new morning call - which was more persistent than an alarm clock. There were thousands of messages flooding my phone, many of which were threatening to rip my head off, with the minority wishing me luck and congratulating me. Well, among those minority had also hidden many blank or containing dirty language messages because they were too shocked to find out that I was Jarrell's new girlfriend.

Yes, you heard that right. He had the whole school believed that me and him had a romantic relationship just this morning, trust me I had no idea how he could blatantly shove the whole school with news of us dating just a few hours ago, but sadly he still managed to do it. He acted as though whatever that happened last night didn't happen at all, when he sort of confessed before walking out of the room coolly, and now he was telling the whole school that I was his girlfriend. To say I was confused by these series of actions was an understatement.

So I strode through the school corridors that morning, impatiently keeping a look out for a soon-to-be-dead guy, specifically naming, Jarrell the idiotic but still hot boy. 

I had already combed through the entire auditorium but yet there wasn't any sign of that poop hole. I was ready, very prepared, to roll him into a pizza dough and bake him into the oven. My mind was already overflooding with countless of plans on how to deal with him, but I couldn't start on the execution of plan because there wasn't a single living soul that saw him flying around the school spreading the false news.

Clarification here; I was angry with him spreading rumours, but rumours thing aside, I was truly very happy. My body was tingly all over, my heart squealing in quick inconsistent beating. Did he want this relationship to be true and not just a pretense, or did he told everyone we were dating just to save me from further bullying. But if he did it because of the latter, then why didn't he do it any earlier?

So I would probably very much like to go with the first option. It makes me feel happy. And I like feeling happy. In my sweatshirt and jeans, I decided on finding him later and going to my locker to get my books for the first lesson. When I reached my locker, Joanne was there, with a phone pressed onto her ear. Creasing my eyebrows, I walked towards to her.

"Jo."

"Huh-uh-what? Oh what Rainie - " Her arm that was leaning onto the locker dropped. A startled face plastered on her face, before hanging up the call without even saying her goodbye. "Hi Rainie." She smiled.

"Just hi?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," She chirped, "You should have called me once you came to school. Didn't know you would come so early today. Let's go for class." She wrapped her arms over my hands.

"Early? I only reached thirty minutes before school starts, Jo." I told her, unimpressed, kicking the locker door shut before strolling off along the corridors. Students who walked past me shared their unpleasant glares before shoving past my shoulders. Okay, I get the message that everyone wants to rip my head into a million pieces because they thought that I was with Jarrell, but please do spare me the glares in this early morning.

 "Um, okay. Let's just get to class before the bell rings," She muttered under her breath. I think I heard her cursed.

"Any chance you saw Jarrell? I thought you might saw him since he was here early," I asked.

"No-no-no-no," She laughed sheepishly, "I haven't seen him anywhere."

"Well okay, but I'm going to find him during break." I shrugged off the matter at hand and we entered the class. As I settled down onto my seat just beside Joanne at the back of the class, I could feel all pairs of eyes drilling holes into my body. Call if a murdering look or a death glare, this was something I absolutely would not want my high school life to turn out.