Chapter 11

Just want to thank you guys for reading! You people are amaaazing! :)

-Chapter 11-

"Thank you!" We replied in chorus, taking the ice-creams.

Joanne liked the chocolate flavor; I liked the strawberry flavor. She'd prefer the scooping in the cup; I preferred it in the cone. Sitting down on the bench nearby, we finally got to rest after ten minutes of running. 

"So, about what I said for the sleepover, it's a yes I suppose?" She grinned at me.

"Jo, two words; dream on." I snapped at her.

"Hmph, Rainie you got to be more open-minded." She said. Scrubbing her spoon with the ice-cream, she shrugged her shoulders and sighed deeply. So much for being my best friend, when she tries to change me for who I am. I'm just that stubborn and persistent, what to do.

"Yeah, yeah." I replied back, pissing her off.

"At least go for the party then." She stared at me, her tone obviously hinting some unhappiness.

"Why? Nobody welcomes me." I said nonchalantly. Emphasizing on nobody made me felt lonely, but nonetheless it was the fact that I was a nobody. I spoke the three words unconcerned, but my heart sank to the deep bottom. But I just don't show it; I guess it's becoming an emotional disguise.

"It's a farewell party." She said.

"Whatever, I rather not spoil the fun." I replied negatively.

"You know what, forget it. Forget what I just said. I just wasted my breath trying to persuade you to go with me to the party, when I know from the start you wouldn't even give in!" She stuffed a chunk of chocolate ice-cream into her mouth in anger, the chocolate staining near her lips. Standing up, she stormed to the nearest bin and threw the ice-cream cup away.

 Approaching her, I shouted, "Fine, fine!" She immediately lifted her head, her eyes sparkling.

"Really?!"

"Yeah."

"Raaainnnieee! I love you!" She ran towards me and pulled me into a hug. See how such simple things could make her so happy? I wish I could be her sometimes. She didn't have to worry about anything. Her popularity, looks, family, they were already given to her. What else can she lack of?

"I love you too." Putting my hands around her tiny little waist, I returned the hug, adding a chuckle when I caught sight of the visible layer of chocolate stained around her lips.

"What's so funny?" She glared at me and snorted.

"Nice lipstick you have there." I laughed, running off.

------------^^----------

It was already quite late by the time we were arguing about the farewell party, as we headed home. Joanne who was living two streets away from my house walked the same way as me, because Alex's house was quite near too.  

"So your father is back?" She asked.

"Yeah," I added on, "unfortunately." 

"When do you have to return home then?" She asked again.

"The day after the party. I'll have to go home, and face the two of them again. Jo, I don't know how I'm supposed to meet them." I told her truthfully. She can help, she's my best friend. I can always seek comfort and advice from her, but sometimes she won't be able to really understand how I feel because she'll never be the one experiencing these problems.

"From what you told me just now, your father just came back all of a sudden, and then you shouted at him and ran away from home?" She raised an eyebrow as we strolled along the same old stretch of road.