Chapter 16

If you guys have been waiting for Jarrell's POV, here it is! I thought it would be better to have both parties' point of view in. (: Enjoy this chapter, and do remember to leave a comment, vote! Thanks. <3 There are swearing inside too, beware!

-Chapter 16 (Jarrell's POV)-

I cringed in fear.

Hospitals, truly I was sickened by how those memories would inevitably bring back whenever I step in. Imagine the mental torture I had to experience. My parents' death weren't just the ordinary cry and move on. The importance of family to a few years old boy back then, their death weren't acceptable as a breaking point.

Taking a deep breath, I placed my ear back onto my phone.

"Can't you go?" Joanne's voice held a pleading tone.

"No, I won't go." I sighed while rubbing my temples.

"Why?!" She whined flirtatiously.

"Just because." I shrugged.

"That's not an understandable reason."

"Whatever."

Her whiny tone did turn me on, but nonetheless those hard feelings for hospitals were not going to be swayed. If only I could tell her my life story, but we all know that popularity comes with a price. I wasn't planning on telling anyone about my parents, but somehow that Alden fucking Stewart leaked it to Rainie.

"Why can't you just go?!" She screamed into the phone.

"I..." Drumming my fingers on my table, I scrolled through my contacts' list and a name entered my field of vision. Penelope.

"I'm going over to Penelope's later." The lie roughly rolled off my tongue, and I was sure the technique wouldn't be working on Joanne. I couldn't just frankly reject her, more of I knew it was impossible. She just had her own cheeky ways to get what she wants, and this popular jock in school was more aware than anybody else.

"Bullshit." Her bluntness was poison, and just as I predicted the lying attempt failed. "Don't test my patience, you retard." Ouch, the word retard was really over-exaggerated. This was actually the first time someone with such audacity remarking me with nasty names.

Wimp. Right, and there was Rainie calling me a wimp before. I knew once imagined her teasing the person who bullied her, but wow. She was bold enough to throw these unpleasant words at me. My lips unknowingly lifted upwards into a smile as I thought of her, she was indeed one of a kind.

Childhood friends, neighbors, then to classmates. If everything happens for a reason, what does this connection explains? I practically ruined part of her life, and that my presence was to make her suffer throughout high school. Truthfully, my heart didn't gain any satisfaction from humiliating her.

It wasn't exactly fun to make fun of her using my popularity rights. It was more of upgrading my authority and only by demoralizing the nerds I would gain more respect. That is, the reputation of the sex god and the jock. She held the most recognition as the nerd for being best friends with Joanne, and that her short height made matters worst.

Geez, a jock like me turned softie whenever I think of her. Just what the fuck's wrong with me? I'm not sorry if you can't stand my crude language, accept that vulgarities are a nature of me.

Oh yes, Jarrell, just to remind you. You shared a kiss with her too. My mind went mentally screwed thinking that it was actually alright to kiss her. She's a freaking virgin, but her lips taste exceptionally nice. I like how she doesn't feel intimidated when she's with me, though I don't know if she liked me the same way I liked her.