Chapter 23

-Chapter 23-

"So," Joanne whispered in my ear, "are you still a virgin?"

I whacked her arm playfully, "Jo, don't get your expectations too high. I told you before, we just had a meal at a very cool restaurant, talked and nothing else. Stop whatever you're thinking of."

"Awwh, that's disappointing. He didn't even kiss you or what? Not even a peck?" Joanne asked, as I shook my head, feeling only a slight tinge of disappointment because I wasn't hoping for anything good to happen to me. What else can I hope for, when tons of girls out there have nicer clothes and better figure than me.

"By the way, have you prepared for the Biology Test later? I heard it was going to be difficult." She cursed, flipping through her textbook and giving the pages a good glance as we headed towards the classroom. I didn't mimic her actions; instead I closed the book and continued walking in the corridor. Alexander gave me a pretty thorough lecture yesterday, and honestly speaking it benefited me quite a lot that I didn't have to worry about failing.

For the first time.

We entered the classroom, looking at the test papers all thick and wordy. I sighed, looking at Alexander at the last row. He was just chilling, looking at his phone, then suddenly making eye contact with me and smiling.

I smiled back, wondering where Jarrell was. I was going to avoid him the whole today, because after what I heard yesterday there was no way I could be able to talk to him comfortably. Especially since they were hiding something from me, I had to pretend that I didn't know anything they were hiding so badly. But since acting isn't exactly my niche area, avoiding would be the best solution.

At the last minute before the test started, I noticed Jarrell entering the class. He scanned around the classroom, then walking to which it seems to be in my direction. I mumbled under my breath a string of vulgarities (clean version), praying hard he would just sit somewhere far far away from me so I wouldn't become even awkward towards him.

But things didn't go my way; he showed a lopsided grin at me and settled down the table beside me. I slammed my head on the table, groaning in dismay. "Alright, you can flip your papers up now and start." I lifted my paper and kept my eyes fixed onto the paper. Do not look at him, look at your paper and nothing else. You, dummy, can't be distracted by him! 

My eyes hovered over the first structured question, reading over and over again, feeling myself unconsciously glancing at him every single second. It went on for the rest of the test, my eyes stealing glances at his handsome face. Every time I was caught glimpsing at him, he would shoot me a teasing smirk, sending a cupid's arrow into my heart and painting my face red.

After the Biology Test, I grabbed my bag from the floor and dashed out of the classroom. Catching my breath, I text-ed Joanne to tell her that I went to the toilet. I brisk-walked into the toilet, leaning against the sink and staring at myself in the mirror.

Why were my memories lost?

Why couldn't I remember them?

Why couldn't Jarrell tell me about it?

Questions flooded my mind, about my memories, my fuzzy blur memories that came back. Confronting Jarrell would solve everything else, but if I don't even have the courage to even talk to him because I found that he was somehow somewhat related to me, being someone who had known about my memories, how could I even ask him to tell me what happened?

"Rainie! Why did you ditch me alone in the classroom?" Joanne entered the toilet, eyeing me with a strange expression on her face, "You alright? You look kind of dazed there..."