Chapter 13

Don't forget to vote and comment! Appreciated much, here is chapter 13 for you lovely people! (:

Disclaimer: This contain a slight number of swearing words.

-Chapter 13-

Happily skipping back into the house after a long chat with Alden, to find the living room deserted with only a few students playing around. Glancing at the wall clock, it was already ten o'clock. Joanne was still nowhere in sight, and her act of leaving me alone was definitely going to make her regret for life. But on the other positive side, it wasn't on frequent occasions I get to have some healthy peace alone.

Ten past five, bore and exhaustion have left me completely wasted. Don't ask, you know I don't mean getting drunk. It was just not my thing to stay at late at night. I told you I wasn't a big fan of procrastination, and burning the midnight oil could be said as a new experience for me. Ignore the irony of my grades,  I realised I wasn't doing much justice to the number of Bs in my report book. But please do spare me, during this late night my mouth must have been itching for some fattening snacks.

At this time, I would have probably grabbed a packet of potato chips, hiding under my blanket and reading some of my favorite romance books. It was true that I was just fantasizing myself being the main character, creating illusions and hoping sweet dreams will find me in my sleep. Stop laughing, I think it's totally pathetic the more I recalled back. 

But right now, I wasn't tucked under the blanket, nor sastifying myself with chips. I was still wandering about in a party, feeling my yawns getting more regular as the second hand moved slowly in a rhythmic pace. I didn't know why there was a sharp decrease in the student population, but I wasn't too curious about that either. Walking up the stairs, I found myself landing onto the second floor. Well, since I wasn't too confident of my dancing despite boasting about it, why not explore around this gigantic house?

In all honesty, the house's interior design wasn't as special as Alexander's, but you could definitely predict this whole large piece of land costing more than a bomb. I don't see why anyone would enjoy the luxury in a large house, when the trips you spend up and down the stairs will tire you? But that's just my personal opinion, to others, spacious is the definition of luxury.

Reaching the second floor, there were many chattering and laughter coming out from the different rooms with the doors wide open. What was going on in there? Standing in front of the first door, to see a huge billiard table surrounded by several people cheering on. Grinning to myself, I felt like joining in the fun. But then again I knew I wasn't welcomed,  thus remaining invincible would be a much suitable choice for a nerd.

The second room, was where I spotted the ditch-and-run-away offender. Her blue dress which was identical to mine was extremely striking, making her stand out from the rest of the other students. One look, and I knew she had some tricks up her sleeve. But she wasn't flirting with the next-boyfriend-to-be; apparently from her seductive looks it was the next-victim-in-bed. 

God, Joanne, what has she gotten herself into?

Slowly peeking into the room, I see a group of students sitting in a circle. One after another taking off their jackets and dresses, revealing their underwear materials. They didn't seem to notice that I was actually on the verge of puking, because they were too engrossed in their game of Strip Poker. No alcohol, no dancing, what can you do when you are absolutely sober? The answer's right here.

Frowning my eyebrows and looking away, suddenly I heard a guy shouting, "Nerd! Come join us!"

Uh-oh. Out of at least a hundred rooms in this freaking huge house, why did she have to be in the strip-pokering room? I didn't want to get influenced by their dirty knowledge, but I needed to speak to Joanne. Just at this point in time, this hilarious guy welcomed me into their game with open arms. Well thank you, but no thank you.