Chapter 10-1

MILESTONE CHECK :)

-Chapter (10-1)-

Opening the curtains hoping the morning sun rays would brighten up my room, to see an unexpected layer of grey luminous clouds hovering above the dark skies. It was Monday already, the second week of the term. The first week was a terrible headache, not to mention getting worked up over family matters and of course, my crush. I realised that I had actually slept through the whole Sunday evening and even skipped my dinner, regrettably. Craving for food, I went straight to the kitchen without having to wash up first, like always. Momentarily forgetting to make sure my double eyelids were awaken, I approached the two guys who were sitting at the living room gobbling down their waffles.

When I realised that my face wasn't up to my normal standard, I quickly covered my face with two palms and made a beeline for the kitchen. But I guess I was one step late, both of them turned to look at me and I could hear their dramatic gasps. Looks like they were surprised that I had finally left my room after cooping up in my room since Sunday evening. Revealing my identity wasn't a difficult task at all, since there was only one girl leaving in the house. But, but. I could always run away, right?

"Are you, Rainie?" Alexander asked.

"No, I'm her clone." I answered sarcastically, facing my back to them, to be ready to run back to my room in a full sprint. 

"Why are you covering your face then?" He asked again.

"Because...I." I paused abruptly. I needed to think of a reasonable excuse before my face get leaks out. And who knows, maybe they will attempt to snap photos of this unknown face and put it up on the internet for everyone's admiration. Oh hell, thinking in the morning wasn't really helping me up with a proper excuse, and so I went for a lame one. The one where you had to blurt it out just for the sake of delaying time, and then quickly escape just so you won't make a fool out of yourself. That being said, explains my magnificent plan I have actually thought of in less than a second.

Praise me, or not.

"Because I can't afford to let your faces ruin my day."

I removed my hands and ran up the stairs in a split second. When I reached the top of the stairs, I could hear them shouting. Thinking about how ironic my excuse was being that they were jocks, I walked to the toilet and splashed freezing cold water. Turning to the wall clock to take note of the time, to realise that I didn't put on my pair of glasses. Seeing nothing but a world of blurness around me, I figured that maybe the reason they couldn't recognise me was because of my glasses. Geez, I thought I really looked like a whole new other person without my double eyelids.

A nerd isn't supposed to be vain, but I guess being a little concerned about my appearance wouldn't hurt my title too much. Stretching my arms out, I held onto the door and slowly made my way to my room to fetch my glasses. Putting them on, I could see the instant clear in vision. Walking back to the toilet to see the timing, to leave me a gasp and a dash to the room. I was late! 

Probably the result of sleeping too much, you tend to idle too much on the bed, which led to the lack of punctuality. Not bothering to brush my hair, I hastily buttoned my blouse and forced my oversized legs into my light blue jeans. Putting my wallet into my pocket, I headed out to the living room and to the door. While I was wearing my sneakers, I was greeted by the sight of Jarrell leaning on the gate and scrolling through this music playlist in boredom. 

"You aren't going to school?" I shouted at him, gathering attention from him before he put down his headphones and looked at me in an amused expression. I was fully well aware that my hair was looking like a mop now, unbrushed and messy. But he didn't have to go so far to be even judging me, when he know I was just a low status nerd.