Chapter 10-2

Take note, the starting is Alden's POV! 

Shoutout to Fork104 for this awesome cool gif. Haha check it out, I love it so muuuchhh. <3

-Chapter 10-2 (Alden's POV)-

It was the last period for the day, and I was dozing off every few minutes in Biology Class. Looking around my surroundings, it seems like I wasn't the only one about to drift into sleep. Every now and then, Mrs. Leon would push her glasses up and clear her throat to catch our attention, but it was of no use. She was just another old naggy grandma spending the last few years in our school before retirement. But the school should also be well aware that her lessons were giving us negative results.

"Okay, that's all for today," I've been waiting for her to say this line for ages. Since the start of the Biology lesson, none of the things she mentioned went into my mind.  It was probably because of somewhere I was going later that made me restless. Watching Rainie secretly fitting her textbooks into her bag, a smile formed onto my face. Sitting at the back isn't so bad as it seems, when you get to spy on a certain someone without the person knowing. Seems like being tall does have pretty tempting benefits.

Since it was the late lesson for the day, I started to pack my bag too, to enjoy the privilege of avoiding the human jam later. I was totally aware that Mrs. Leon disliked people interrupting her during lessons, but I couldn't care less. 

"Rainie, Alden, would you mind if you two would listen to what I'm saying before packing your bags?" She folded her arms and gave us unhappy stares.

Oops, caught. 

"Sorry," I could hear Rainie muttered softly. I slightly bowed my head to apologise, before looking at my watch. It was three o'clock already, or to be specific, three minutes past three. I was more than excited, and curious to head to my destination already. But seems like Mrs. Leon was delivering her today's-homework speech, which I had already expected it to be quite long. In some circumstances, I wouldn't have minded the speech going as long as it could be. But in some circumstances, like this instance, I couldn't help but stare into space, or occasionally spare glances at the door.

Dragging her words slowly seemed to be her habit, and especially my seat was located at the back, figuring out what she's saying could be a big problem. Patience is a virtue, I told myself as I tried calming down. The other students were also either sneakily using their phones, or reading a book under their desks. Only the very attentive ones would actually take effort to jot down what she said. Being Rainie, I figured she would have already remembered them in her head, given that she had quite a lot of experience as the nerd.

"Like I was saying, textbooks must be read from page 100-132 in preparation for the next lesson," And I really have to tell myself, this was only the beginning of the speech, but I was getting impatient. Drumming my fingers, I stared into space once again, but nodding my head as though I was giving her my attention. Drifting into my own thoughts, I started thinking about other things. Today's lessons had been quite eventful, with the news of the farewell party.

Speaking of farewell party, I wondered if Rainie would be attending it. I bet it would be her first time at a party, since there would be nobody to be even humane enough to invite her to parties. Besides, parties were only meant for the popular. I didn't know who made these rules again, but if the non-popular came, they certainly wouldn't get any warm welcomes.

Hostility is one thing the popular were definitely experts at. If they don't like you, they would bluntly show it right in your face. Personally, I would definitely feel offended if I were the non-popular, and sometimes I do feel that the non-popular needs a little love as well. I understood why the non-popular didn't dare to go for such parties to boost their fame or something. They realised that going there would be as good as getting demoralised and kicked out.