Chapter 7

• Dedicated to All My Readers! (;

-Chapter 7-

By the time I finished packing all the files into neat order, I guess it was already quite late. I got lost of the timing thanks to the spring cleaning I had to do in Mum's office, being clear that she hated her things being messy and in disorder. Talking about Mum, I knew I had to go to Jarrell's house to find her whereabouts. This was making things hard and embarrassing for me, especially to ask others about my Mum because I couldn't even take care of my Mum.

There was a thousand gazillion question marks above my head trying to figure out as to why Joanne's phone was with that freaking disgusted jock. Shaking my head back to reality, I put some frozen pizza into the microwave oven deciding of having them as my dinner, and began boiling some hot water for some Milo to go with the pizza. I know, it wasn't the best combination for meal, but this is what happens when you have no Mum at home. While waiting for the pizza and water to be done with, I contemplated on taking a shower to smell better from all the sweat I perspired while packing Mum's office. Because I was going to Jarrell's house. In case you haven't noticed, I still have that thing for the jock.

What's that thing? It's the five-letter word used to describe a one-sided love, c-r-u-s-h. Sadly, this was the pathetic me just like the whole entire population of the girls trying to gain attention from the jock, but apparently, he must have had bad taste in girls, explaining the reason why he was dating Penelope Casey.

There were sometimes, I really had to pity him. That poor little guy must have suffered a lot from Penelope Casey, going all goofy over him and acting like someone desperate for babies. I mean, trust me. Who likes people tagging along 24 hours non-stop while squeaking in a high-pitched voice? If I was Jarrell, I'll probably have an incurable headache having her voice ringing in the head all day. But serves him right anyway !

Back to where my sorrowful state was. It was the first time I didn't hear Mum's nagging or lovely reminders throughout the whole day. Throwing some jeans and putting on a white shirt just for the sake of wearing something, I couldn't care less and headed out to Jarrell's house. It was around seven thirty when I left the house, hoping I could get back home in an hour or so. The wind outside was howling like some bipolar wolf on PMS, attempting to blow the tall trees along the roadside. But it did succeed in making the leaves sway left and right. This whole stretch of road was basically empty except me being alone walking to a place I didn't know.

Yes, I said I knew he lived a few streets away, but that was long time ago before his parents died.  Moreover, being the idiot who completely have zero sense of direction, going missing in such a small neighbourhood was possible. Looking left and right trying to take note of the small signboards by the side were useless, because the dim lights shining at the signboards were the same as having no lights on. And besides, the words on the signboards being seen across the road were so freaking tiny, not that my glasses had problem, but who would have saw the directions written? Muttering under my breath, I was so going to complain to whoever did those signboards to make those words extra large for blur people like me.

"BolderVille Street 26, BolderVille..." I spent the next ten minutes just like that, talking to myself and walking and walking hoping to find the sight of the house. Though I was doubting that the house would still be there since his parents died, but this was the only source I knew to locate him, so I don't think I have a choice to go there or not. Do you think I would be able to make it there before eight? I think not. I was certainly looking so hopeless like some hobo walking on the street with my disgusting outfit, but thanks to a certain someone, he saved my day.

"I knew you would be lost or somewhere in the woods." A voice said behind me, and I could clearly identify the voice. It was Jarrell's. My cheeks started feeling warmer as all I felt was ashamed and embarrassment, God, stupid Rainie ! This was one thing I hope I didn't do in front of him. I turned behind, facing a smirk-y him. He was dressed in a casual dress shirt (pardon me, I couldn't figure out the colour because of the lights), and a t-shirt inside. I looked down unable to look at him; he was probably chuckling at my MIA-ing, and I couldn't make up any excuses on the spot, because all my mind was thinking about him and his handsome looks.