Chapter 12-1

Important : Read the note at the end (:

-Chapter 12-1 -

The days passed quickly, and before I knew, the day of the party dawned on me. It was a Saturday afternoon, which leaves me around four hours from now to prepare. Alexander offered me a ride to Mrs. Tracy house, which I had no other option but to accept it. Well, that includes Jarrell inside the ride package as well. He was going with us.

Currently, I was panicking in my room trying to find a suitable outfit to wear for the party. But I only had long baggy jeans and sweatshirts, which I don't think any of those were acceptable in the dress code if they even have one. I thought to myself that this is only a farewell party, but I'm afraid that my stereotypes of parties were the disco balls hanging from the ceiling.

I'm being trying out grinding and other dance moves in front of the mirror these past few days in preparation for the party. I know, there's going to be a teacher in there, nothing with dancing and the alcohol. But, just in case, I might having to do a dare or something? I want to look good, in front of my crush especially and I'm admitting it honestly that my end product was up to a professional standard.

Forget about all the dancing, if I wanted to go for the party, I would have to have a proper outfit at least. Digging my bag, I suddenly thought of the corsets in the drawer. There would be no way I would wear that to the party, over my dead body. I've tried calling Joanne for the past hour and so far she have not returned any of my calls. Quite frustrating, but she was my only hope. Furthermore, she was the one who wanted me to go the party right? Sure she would do something.

"Come on, Jo, pick up the goddamn phone!" I shouted impatiently.

"Yes, who is this?" She finally picked up the phone after donkey years. 

"Jo I need you to come over, like right now." I ignored her question and went straight to the point.

"I bet you don't have anything decent to wear right?" She was right. I could visualise her face forming a teasing smile, as I felt my cheeks flushing red in embarrassment. Decent not meaning dirty, but decent as in proper clothes. The clothes I have aren't suitable under the proper category.

"Yeah..." I replied softly, not sure if she could hear it. But I guess she did, as I heard her chuckling over the phone.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." She said and hung up. 

---------^^-----------

"I think I'll just wear my jeans and shirt there. Forget it." I sighed in dismay.

Joanne finally came to Alex's house much to my excitement, and ever since she came I've been going in and out of the toilet changing the clothes to match her standards. The dresses she brought were all branded and gorgeous, but they were too revealing and short to suit my taste. The shoes were another problem to even start complaining.

Killer inches heels, who would actually be able to walk in those? I know that wearing them could have made me shot up a few inches, but sorry,  I ain't gonna wear something I can't walk in. Pretty, I'll have to look pretty in front of Jarrell, I told myself that over and over again. But I can't resist the urge to rip the dress off every time I tried wearing it. It was too short I felt like I was wearing nothing but my underwear.

"Rainie, this is the last dress I brought. I think the pink one suits you more." She said in disappointment, rummaging her bag and taking out a piece of emerald blue sleeveless dress. And that was the exact dress I had it perfectly in my mind. Why didn't she take it out early? Geez, if she had showed this early I wouldn't have to trouble myself in making so many trips to the toilet.