Chapter 21

Guys, I apologise for the long wait, but I've been extremely busy and I can barely pull out time to write the chapters. Hope you'll can understand. Enjoy, vote and comment as usual! <3

Important: The reason I'm having this author's note before the chapter and in bold, is to inform you guys that this would be the last chapter I'm updating before I put this book temporarily on hold. Why? I need to prepare myself for exams, and apparently I suck at managing my time well so I'll just have to stop updating chapters. More talking at the end of the chapter. (:

 Chapter dedication to @FallenRain01 for the lovely banner at the side, thank you! <3

-Chapter 21-

No.

No way.

If the both of them ever met each other, chaos will reign and all hell breaks loose. I've seen their punches before and you and I both know how deadly their punches are. You've seen or heard about their biceps before, you know I'm not joking or exaggerating. Imagine the blood splatters and the dramatic Bruce Lee punching sound effects, and there you have just visualized their entire fighting scenario.

So no ever, way in my entire life to witness this kind of fights again. Using my short legs, I dashed through the corridors and down the flight of stairs. I grabbed the knob of the door hesitantly and opened it to see an empty view of the reception area.

Phew, I had been thinking too much perhaps.

I felt a vibration in my pocket and took out my phone. It was Jarrell, unexpectedly. Come out when you're ready. I'll be waiting for you at the entrance, be fast, I have no patience. I rolled my eyes, slipping my phone back into the pocket and walking to the entrance.

I took a step out of the hospital and spotted Jarrell. He was looking at his phone, too engrossed to have been noticing I was approaching him. The sudden thought of Alden meeting Jarrell had me shuddered in fear, it would have been the best solution to have Jarrell as far as possible away from Alden.

"Ready," I said and greeted him. In response he waved at me, had his phone locked and away from his view. When he turned to face me, he gave a slight smile and replied, "Faster than I thought it would be. Now hurry, I've got some other things to do after I have you fetched to Alex's house."

Your turn to be modest, Rainie. Reject the offer of him sending you home and then he can leave so the appearance of Alden wouldn't clash. "Am I taking your time? Well if you're busy you can go first, I actually forgotten to take my house keys with me," I lied smoothly, still walking towards the cab stand. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand which made me lunged forward abruptly, "You don't even need your house keys, dummy. Hurry go."

"Fine fine." I agreed hastily while trying to get used to his hand on my skin. After a few minutes, we were at the cab stand currently waiting for a fairly priced cab. The next five minutes of silence passed by torturously, his hand still circled around my wrist. We watched the vehicles driving past us before a yellow-colored cab halted down in front of us.

Out came Alden, looking excited. His delighted expression immediately wiped off from his face when he raised his head and saw the two of us standing in front of him. And when I thought how bad the timing was, neither the brothers had any idea that both of their appearances had to do with me.

"Rainie, what is this dick doing here?" He slammed the door of cab, his expression a face of utter disgust and irritation. Shifting my gaze to Jarrell, his face had worn an amused expression, those provocative facial expressions that said, "come at me bro". Having said that the meeting of the two brothers would turn out to be disastrous, I stepped between the two of them.