Chapter 4

-Chapter Four- Enjoy ! :)

Jarrell's POV

------------------

"Alden," I smirked at him, making his eyebrows furrowed.

"Jarrell. Been long since I saw you." He grinned at me, our eyes gazing at each other. Were we mutual enemies? We seemed so distant, so far and away from each other. One, on the way to being a good guy, the other screwing girls everyday. Realisation hit me that we didn't even fit to become friends - we were just too different because I changed.

"Been long since I saw you." Those words that came out from his mouth hinted about me being the unfilial adopted son leaving home who never came back. I knew I did, but he didn't know the truth. All I wanted him was to forget what happened the past years and leave me alone. Or you could say becoming friends again ? If he was willing to let go and threw away everything he had.

I knew it was not possible to regain our friendship or well, you could say bromance. Besides, I was lonely. After all these years, I was dumb enough to realise that he was the only one who could understand me. He was the only one who knew my past anyway , since spreading news that my parents were dead was too much of an embarrassment to hold.

"Seems like your charm is working on the girls." He looked around the canteen, cutting away the reflection in my head, and true enough. The canteen was crowded, with girls especially filling up three quarters of the people in the canteen, their direction of attention at us. Two extremely drop dead gorgeous guys in the canteen, who wouldn't get infected by my cupid arrow? Kidding, this kind of things always happened.

"Of course." It didn't take long for me to agree with my popularity. But it seems like Rainie wasn't aware of her surroundings, she was happily munching down her burger like a pig. Good for her, she didn't need to know that we were having a conversation literally behind her back. She needed to stay out of this, for as long as I know, I could sense the affection Alden had for her.

It was simple. Being in this profession ever since I came into this state, noticing such little things were easy and obvious.

After a long awkward silence, he finally said what he wanted to say.

"Why did you do that to Rainie?" He planted a hidden-in-disguise smile at me, his eyes changing into a cold piercing blue. Being so overprotective of Rainie, made my prediction of Alden's affection towards Rainie to be quite true.

Why did I do that to Rainie ? What did I do ? Ohh... The water thing ? That was just little something to make her scared. I needed to be someone everyone fears of, or else I might not be able to stay strong when the news my parents' death gets leaked out. That's if some paparazzis decided to dig out my past. Sooner or later , it's just the matter of time.

We stared at each other for a long time. And I gave a little thought, maybe I should provoke him a little.

And so I said without thinking ,

"You should ask her. She's the one at fault, not me." I shrugged and looked away from his glaring stare. I knew him well. Too well for my own good. Alden was the persistent and loyal type of guy, specifically persistent in the bad way. If he asked a question, you answer. If you don't give the answer he wants, you'll get a beating.

And that's what I got.

"YOU BASTARD !" He shouted, the punch approaching me aiming for my left cheek.

Within seconds, I lost my balance and fell to the ground.

Ouchh...that was one violent punch.

No ladies, no. They shouldn't be seeing my bruise on my cheek and the blood on my lips. The whole thing was a bloody sight. I closed my eyes shut, thinking about the way he was so impulsive, just like his mother drunk-driving.