#72: He Meets You and You're Already Pregnant

#72: He Meets You and You're Already Pregnant - preferences1-d

Harry: You’re struggling to reach the bed set over top of you when a hand reaches for it. “Here you go” a handsome boy you recognize immediately says. His green eyes glance down at the rounding of your stomach before scanning your left hand. “Would you like me to carry it?” he asks, nodding his head to the register when he realizes you’re alone. You’re surprised when he asks for your number before leaving, texting you to ask if you’d like to meet up for dinner one night. “You do realize I bought that crib sheet set for me, right?” you ask and he nods. “You’re pregnant… that’s alright” he tells you. You spend the rest of the night explaining how you had discovered you were pregnant and how the father had been a married man you had an affair with. Harry listens intently, buying you ice cream when you have a sudden craving for it. You’re even more surprised when Harry continues to ask you out and joins you for doctor’s appointments. You begin spending so much time together, neither one of you realizes when you’ve gone from friends to dating but it happens. Harry squats beside you in your Lamaze classes and supports you in your decision to have a natural birth. “I was thinking… maybe, if you wanted that is, I could sign the birth certificate,” Harry stutters out nervously one night. You stare at him in shock for several minutes before grilling him on what is intentions are. “I already feel like a father, I’ve bought everything this baby will ever need and already put together a nursery with Louis help. I love you and I already love this baby; I don’t want him to think he isn’t wanted. I don’t want him to think his dad doesn’t want him because I do. Ok, I’m not his father but there’s a difference between a father and a dad right? Let me be his dad, please” Harry pleads with tear-stained cheeks. After going into labor the next day, you watch as Harry carefully signs his name on the birth certificate while cradling his newborn son against his chest.

Liam: “Miss… I think you dropped this” a voice behind you says. You turn to see Liam Payne in front of you, holding out a set of booties for your unborn baby. You stare down at the items in your hand before looking to the items in his hand. “Oh… I guess I should have gotten a cart. I was just coming in for a few things but… well, I’m a little excited” you blush, gesturing to your full arms of baby clothes. Liam chuckles, asking for your name as he takes your things into his arms and sets them in his own cart. “Are you here alone or…” he trails off and you realize he’s inquiring about the parental situation. “Alone, he didn’t make the move to London with me so… it’s just me and baby” you say, rubbing your ever growing stomach fondly. “How far along are you?” Liam asks, after you’ve paid for your things separately. He helps you carry your things to your car as you answer his questions. “Wow, fast approaching yeah?” Liam asks, watching you watch a mother with her newborn child. “Yeah… fast approaching that it’ll just be me but I’m excited. I’ve always wanted to be a mom, I just never imagined doing it solo” you explain, thanking him once again before he helps you into your car. Four years later, you’re always delightfully surprised when your little boy walks through the front door with a familiar man from the store he calls daddy.

Niall: The blonde boy in front of you is taking forever to order his ice cream and your pregnancy hormones are raging. “There are people behind you” you say in aggravation, watching as the boy turns to say something. His eyes wash over your hands splayed against your rounding stomach and he steps to the side with a sheepish smile. “You’re husband’s not gonna kill me for buying you ice cream is he?” the boy you realize is Niall Horan asks. “No husband so you’re good” you tell him before explaining your situation. “So he just, left?” Niall asks, glancing back to your swollen stomach. “How can a man just leave his child?” he questions and you shrug. Niall continues to meet you for ice cream at the same time every day and before long he’s passing you gifts, he’s purchased for the baby. When you have no one to take you to your final doctor’s appointment, Niall gleefully offers to drive. He helps your swollen body into the seat in the doctor’s office, watching with amazed eyes as the doctor does one last ultra sound. “That’s… amazing” he gushes and when the doctor assumes Niall’s the father, neither one of you correct him. Niall is with you when you go into labor and sits by your side for the thirty-three hours you’re in pain until he’s crying with you as the shrill cry of your daughter fills the room. He sits by your bed with the little girl asleep in his arms and you watch as he makes promises you know he’ll keep.

Louis: You were already 7 and a half months along and had given up on your baby’s father ever coming back into your life. You took walks around town to clear your head when things started to overwhelm you. You walked down the street from your house after another ultrasound bill had come in the mail, one that you couldn’t pay. The fresh air was a relief and you walked down to the park at the end of your cul-de-sac. You’re usually the only one at the park but today there is someone on the other side sitting on one of the benches. You walk around the edge of the playground balancing on the wooden logs surrounding the equipment. You put your headphones in your ears and press play. The first song up, one by your favorite band. You start to hum the melody as you make your way around the edge of the playground paying no attention to the guy sitting on the bench you had just passed who had just looked up to watch you walk by. As you made your way back around for the second time you noticed he was smiling at you. Your eyes widen as you can’t believe who you are looking at. How had you not noticed him the first time you passed him? You take your headphones out as you approach him preparing yourself for anything. “That’s a good song you’re singing there love.” He says. You blush as you realize you were listening to his band’s songs. “Yeah I think so too.” You say agreeing. “May I walk with you?” he asks. “Sure.” You say uneasy. The two of you walk around the park for hours until your baby girl started to protest by kicking your stomach. You wince and hunch over as she continues to kick and move around causing you an incredible amount of pain. “You okay love?” he asks worried. “Yeah, I’m fine.” You say breathless. “Someone just wants me to take a break.” You explain rubbing your stomach. “Well here let’s sit down on the bench and see if we can make her happy.” He says helping you down on the bench. The two of you spend the rest of the evening chatting it up and you had never been more surprised in your life when he asked you for your number.

Zayn: You were out by yourself shopping for more maternity clothes since you didn’t have anyone else to shop with. You baby’s daddy had been out of the pictures and all of your family was back in the States. You had accumulated a rather large amount of bags and were struggling to carry them back to your car when a guy walked up to you and offered to carry them. Your eyes widened as the guy with the quif became more familiar. As you were showing him back to your car it hit you who he was. You turned around to look at him one more time to make sure. He was giving you that crooked smile, it was definitely who you thought it was. “Have you finished your shopping?” he asks as he sets down the bags in the trunk of your car. “Not really.” You say nervous to hear his answer. “Would you like me to tag along just in case you find yourself in this situation again?” he asks with a smile. “I would like that very much, thank you.” The two of you head back into the mall to finish looking for more clothes to cover your forever growing bump.