#50: Your Child Has a Suicide Attempt

#50: Your Child Has a Suicide Attempt - aurora1dpreferences

Harry: The car was eerily silent as Harry stopped at the red light. You were in the passenger seat while your 14 year old daughter, Lilly sat in the back. A week ago, Harry had found her standing in the bathroom, just having finished the bottle of pills. He acted quickly, bringing her to the emergency room before calling you at work. Luckily the doctors and nurses acted quickly, pumping her stomach and keeping her alive. You couldn’t be more grateful. “Mom?” you daughter spoke weakly from the back. Quickly wiping a tear you answered just as quietly. “Yes?” Harry was griping the steering wheel, staring straight ahead. “I’m sorry,” was her reply. One that made you sigh. “I know you are.” The car got quiet again, and you were glad your home was only a couple minutes away. As Harry pulled into the driveway, he turned off the car but didn’t move out of the seat. “C’mon Lilly,” you said, opening the car. “Are you coming Harry?” He turned his head to look at you. “I’ll be right there,” he answered flatly. Nodding your head, you put your arm around your daughter’s shoulder, leading her inside. “Is dad mad?” she asked once the both of you entered the dark house. “He’s upset Lil… I am too, but your father… when he found you, he told me that he thought he had already lost you.” She looked down at her feet, ashamed. “But, don’t worry okay? He’ll be okay. Now let’s get you into bed. It’s getting late.” You brought her into her bedroom, staying there until she crawled under the covers. She looked like she was 5 again. You sat next to her until she fell asleep and you were sure of it. You didn’t want to take any chances. Quietly slipping out of her room, you headed back downstairs. When you walked into the kitchen, you saw your husband sitting on the island stool with his face hidden in his hands. Approaching him slowly, you pulled his hands away, seeing the tears fall down his cheeks. “Harry…” you whispered. “She could’ve been dead right now (Y/N)… Our baby… she wanted to be dead,” he spoke as if it was some sort of dream. “Hey, but she’s not,” you reminded him, holding both of his large hands in your smaller ones. You held back the tears that were threatening to fall, but he saw right around it. Walking around the small island, both of you took one in the other’s arms. Only then were you able to realize how close it had come to you losing your daughter.

Liam: Liam was on tour when your 13 year old son Max had attempted to end his life. You didn’t want to worry him, but Max was his son too, so the minute you got home, Liam would be getting a very nervous phone call. Your son hadn’t said a word since you found him. You didn’t want to push him right now though, you’d get a reason when he was ready. So you just did whatever you could for him. You couldn’t leave him alone, so you had made him a makeshift bed on the couch. Since Max was already in his pajamas, you just set him up so he was comfortable, turning the television on and giving him the remote. “Max… I’m going to go call your father… I need you to stay here okay?” Your son’s eyes widened and he spoke for the first time. “No! Mom, please don’t tell dad!” “Max, I have to, he’s your father, and he deserves to know what happened. I’m sorry.” He looked like he was going to cry, but he held it together and gave up the argument. You grabbed your phone and went into the kitchen, dialing Liam’s number. “Hello?” he answered. “Hi Li…” you said dryly. “Oh, hello love! How’re you doing? This is a surprise.” He sounded so happy. It would be hard, but he needed to know. “Actually Liam, I’m calling on a serious note…” The mood suddenly changed. “What happened (Y/N)?” Liam asked, changing from happy to very serious. “Max and I just got home from the hospital. Liam, I found Max trying to kill himself yesterday.” The other end was silent for a few moments. “What do you mean?” He sounded unsure, not knowing what to think of what you had just told him. “Our son tried to commit suicide.” You could feel the tears coming back on. “No… (Y/N)… No…” “Yes… He’s okay but… Liam, we need you home.” He didn’t hesitate before answering. “I’m booking the next flight home, I promise baby. I’ll see you in a few hours.” He hung up, you following right after. You were grateful for Liam. On the outside you were keeping strong, but on the inside, you were crumbling. You walked back into the living room where Max was watching the TV. “Your dad’s coming home,” you said softly. Max just nodded, and you sat in the arm chair next to the couch, knowing you wouldn’t be alone for much longer.