forty eight. colors.

he was so empty.

he saw Harry lying there, green and yet pale and yet he was all the colors.

he saw the whites and Grey's in the cocaine.

he saw the yellows and greens in his skin.

he saw the pinks and the purples in the soft circles under his eyes.

he saw the black in his soul, the tainted spot, the marked area that not even the heaviest dose of cocaine could fix.

he saw the red's in his lips, his cherry red Popsicle stained dick sucking lips that were splattered with Niall's mark, with harry's cocaine, and together the color was such an unnatural and unholy color all Niall wanted to do was unsee it.

he saw the oranges in his shirt, the tiny little orange logo on the left pocket on his plain white shirt. the one spot colored, the one spot that he had on his otherwise pristine white shirt.

that's a metaphor, really.

Niall saw the blues and greens in the tips of his somewhat asphyxiating fingers, the goose flesh on his neck, in the deepest pits of his eyes.

and Niall saw the rainbow, but it just wasn't the kind of rainbow you'd like to sit and draw a picture of. it was the kind of rainbow that was muted and dull and left a void and made you think "well that's not what a rainbow should like."

because no, it really wasn't what a rainbow should look like.

and all Niall wanted to do was wash all the colors and pretend that he had never seen a rainbow, had never seen the cocaine, and never seen the boy.

but sometimes the things we want the most are not always the things we get.

and the once you see the colors you have two choices; go back into the darkness and pretend they don't exist, or remain in the light and choose to accept them.

your move, Niall.