It only hurts if I exist.

Rose's POV:

We ate breakfast with Tyler's family and then we decided to go over to Josh's family home. Tyler and Jenna were staying at the Joseph's residence because they wanted to spend time with their family. Josh kept promising that everything was going to be okay and I had no reason to be worried about meeting them, but I was. When I was younger no one wanted me, and so forever I am trying to impress parents, because I never really remembered what it was like to be loved by them.

Zack let me and Josh borrow his car for the day as long as we filled the tank up on the way back. The drive was barely twenty minutes so we topped off the almost empty tank anyways. As we drove, Josh rubbed my leg trying to calm me down. He knew saying it was going to be fine wasn't enough for me to feel confident in meeting the man I love's parents for the first time. He said they already knew so much about me from him talking on the phone with them, but they were so excited anyways.

When we pulled into the driveway my breathing hitched and I felt another panic attack coming on. My body was so sore from the constant stress and I felt like I had been awake for four days instead of four hours. Josh didn't say anything this time because he knew the only thing that would make me feel better was them liking me, and since we were walking in now my anxiety would soon be healed.

Josh let himself in through the front door and held my hand, so I could walk behind him.

"Josh! It's so wonderful to see you! I missed you so much!" Ashley said enveloping him into a tight hug. I wish I had close siblings like him. Abigail joined into the hug and Jordan waved to me with a small smile from the doorway.

"Hey Jordan." I say giving him a small wave.

"Hey kiddo, have fun on tour?" He asked, his friendliness was apparent in his voice.

"So much, I can't wait to go to England and Australia next month." I say while Josh wraps his arm once again around my waist.

"Cool, cool." He says turning his attention towards his older brother. "Hey Josh, mom and dad went out to get milk, they said they will be back in a little bit."

"Oh, we could have picked it up." Josh said furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hey Rose, I love your hair! It's so cute!" Ashley says, sticking her hand in my hair and messing it up.

"Hey Ash, not cool don't just touch people without asking." Abigail says swatting her hand at her sister.

"No, it's fine I swear, I am just happy you guys don't hate me." I laughed looking up at Josh who was giving me an "I told you so" look.

"Us? No, we are happy Josh isn't with that other girl anymore, she was bad news." Jordan said, walking over and giving me a quick side hug.

"Oh, I don't know, just jitters you know?" I responded.

"Yeah I get you." Jordan replied back giving me a knowing smile.

Me and Josh went and sat down in the living room, watching some lifetime movie with the girls while Jordan left to go hang out with Zack and Tyler. When Josh's parents came home the panic found its way back into me until they too confirmed Josh was right. They loved me, everyone did and I felt so amazing knowing that I now had two families to call my own. Laura prayed for me after I told her about my parents, and even though I am not religious I knew the families were so I appreciated the love they gave me.

When we left to go have dinner with the Josephs, Josh pulled me into the hallway and said we would be right out.

"I love you so much Rose, you don't even know." He said kissing my neck.

"Babe, you know I love you to the moon and back." I replied putting my hand underneath his chin so I could lift his head up and kiss him on the lips. "You know I wouldn't be here without you."

With our little lovey-dovey session out of the way we joined the rest of his family and drove them to Momma Josephs house. She was an amazing cook and all throughout dinner everyone made an effort to talk to me.

I felt loved, and I felt safe once again.