Late night ride. (Shut up you pervs)

Rose's pov:

I was staring at my phone screen. My legs felt restless and my mind was wandering to places that didn't need to be explored at one in the morning. This was a normal occurance for me, not sleeping for 24 hours and then becoming a mindless zombie for the upcoming daylight. I didn't care however, it was just who I was. I was always the kid at sleepovers who was up long past the others, the teen at some parties who had to be told to leave because well, I had no need for sleep. That was me... I threw my legs over the side of my bed after making the quick choice to go out for a car ride.

I grabbed my keys and my sweatshirt since it was slightly cold in the night, I didn't bother to bring my purse or anything like that because my debit card was already in the front pocket of my jean shorts in case I decided to stop inside a 24 hour diner for a quick bite or something.

I slipped out of my small apartment complex and went to the parking area where I hopped into my car and pulled out onto the dead street. I lived in an okay neighborhood, there was the occasional rando on the side of the road or a creep or two but then again it was early in the morning, who else would really think to just head out for a car ride at this hour right?

I had been driving for what felt like some time and had ended up a couple towns over it seemed, when one of my favorite songs by Twenty One Pilots came on through my IPod's shuffle system. I guess you could say I was speeding, okay I was definitely speeding but when I turned the corner I had to swerve very quickly to get out of the way of a parked tour bus. "Shit, close one you stupid ass Rose, what if you did hit that nice tour bus, would not be a fun lawsuit that's for sure." I curse at myself for the close encounter. I keep driving for another fifteen minutes, at a much safer speed now when my car begins to stall. "Not now come on car, what have I ever done to you." I beg as I look down at my cars gas gauge. Empty.. looks like we are gonna have to walk to get to somewhere that's open. I think to myself as i use the last bit of gas that's in my car to pull it to the side of the road.

Defeated, I get out of my car and pat around my shorts pockets to find my phone so I could text my someone to please come pick me up when they woke up so I wouldn't be stuck out here for too long. God damn. I must've left my phone on my fucking bed you IDIOT! I yell at myself, kicking the side of my car only to regret it when I felt a shooting pain go up my leg. The pain subsided quickly, but I mean it was still stupid of me to think that it would solve anything.

I was supposed to go out looking for a job tomorrow, damn Rose, better start walking. I pulled my hair up and began my trek to find somewhere where I could either get a ride home or just hang out to use their phone.