Chapter 36

With autumn approaching and Jimmy's birthday just weeks away. I thought some last minute summer fun would do us in. Having such a vacationious three months. Why not act like children the weekend before school starts, well in our case head back work after the Olympics. We've all seen this in movies and read about it in books. Maybe, MAYBE taken part in it once of maybe a few times in our lives. Yeah, exactly.

"I have plans!" My arms wrap around my sweet boyfriends neck. He's in the lonesome office, next to our bedroom. This is actually the first I've ever seen him in it, doing something. He's just answering tweets and emails but it counts!

A cheek raises under my lips as I kiss him again. "Whatcha gonna do, babe?"

"We're!" I bite his cheek. "Going to have some end of the summer fun.. In about 20 minutes. Wear black."

Jimmy jerks back. "Wear black?! What kind of plans do you have, Spencer?"

I smile. "Just plans. Fine, don't wear black.. Wear navy."

"Still!"

My hand pats his mouth to calm him down some. "Shh.. It's going to be fun, just please trust me."

"Trust you? Spence, I have a feeling we'll be spending our night in jail.."

"We won't.. Not even close." I kiss his cheek one last time before leaving the office.

"Spencer.." Jimmy whines.

I smile. His whining voice is my favorite. "What, James?" I ask quietly.

"You're not going to make me do anything I'm going to regret, right?"

"You don't regret anything, so no?"

He tenses up. "What? I do too regret things."

"I told you at the park that one night if you had anything you regretted, you can tell me. You never said anything or anything since then! So I doubt you'll regret this."

"Fine! I regret buying my apartment with my ex. Okay? I thought we were going to last and didn't."

"Why don't you just sell it then, honey?"

He shakes his head. "You know how hard it is to sell in that area nowadays? It's hard, babe. Too expensive now." He shrugs. "I don't care anymore, I did for awhile, but now I don't. Where are we going?" Quickly changing the subject I see..

"You'll see." My hands tighten around the steering wheel.

"You okay?" Jimmy's hand finds its way to my thigh, patting it as I push the gas a little more.

I nod. "Great. Why, honey?"

"I don't know.. You just seem a little tense.."

"Mm, I don't know why I do, babe." I drop one hand to the bottom of the wheel and my other goes to his hand.

Our fingers interlock. "Scared? Stressed? Why's your hand so clammy?"

"I don't know! I was holding the wheel.. That's probably why."

"All right.. Who do you wanna listen to?" He pulls the iPod out from the glove box, Jimmy's face lights up from the tiny screen.