Chapter 7

Today's one of the days I don't want to start, but I definitely want to end. The day mom meets Jimmy. I'm more nervous for him to meet her than I am to see how this goes.

"Hey." I open the door.

"Hey, baby." Mom smiles at me. "Is he here?"

"No, he's not suppose to be for another 10 minutes.. You're early."

"He's not hiding somewhere?"

"No? Why would he be? Mom, are you okay?"

She looks at me like I'm insane. "Yes, I'm okay!" She practically shouts at me. "Why are you a busybody?"

You serious? I'm about to lose it. "Why am I being a busybody?! Have you heard yourself the past 29 years of my life?!" I throw my arm out. "You're the one who's been so nosey I've kept half my life a secret! I begged and paid Coll to go away when you'd make him go everywhere with me. If anyone is a busybody, mother, it's you!" I cross my arms and look at her.

"Well maybe you wouldn't have to be so secretive if you weren't such a bad child! Did something right for once, Spencer! Just because I care about you and don't want you hurt or in jail or dead, to be honest, doesn't make me a bad mom! It makes a caring and loving mother. And if you can't stand me, then I don't want to be around my own daughter!" She storms to the door and flings it open to Jimmy in a knocking position. "Hi." I hear her smile.

"Hello." He says confused. "I'm Jimmy.." His hand holds out. Mom doesn't shake hands.. I kinda wish I told him that.

She takes his hand which shocked me. "I'm Stella." She smiles at him.

He holds two bouquet of roses up. "I thought I'd bring some flowers.." He can sense the tension and fighting from moments ago. "Should I come back?" He looks at me.

"No.. You're fine." I walk up to him and mom. "You're just in time." I smile at him.

"Yes, you are." Mom smiles too.

He hands the flowers to us. "But I still brought flowers." He smiles.

"Thank you." I smile. "You really didn't have to, babe."

"Yes, thank you, Jimmy." Mom smells them and cradle them in her arm like she just won prom queen. "Are you going to kiss him?" She nudges me. I'd rather her be her bitchy self than this fake one she's doing.

I wrap my arm around his neck and kiss him. "My apologizes." I kiss again.

"I'm going to put these in a vase." She takes mine. "And finish getting dinner ready. Jimmy, do you like lasagna?"

"Love it!" He smiles at her while holding my back.

"I'm glad." She nods and walks to my kitchen.

I turn back to him with both arms around his neck. "Go home.. She's being psychotic." I whisper. "She's playing fake."

He leans closer to me, our noses brush. "I'm not going.. I'm staying here with you and hopefully she'll be her real self.." He whispers on my cheek.

"But she won't! I don't want you to see her like this!"

"Spencer.." He squeezes me. "I'm not going anywhere." He pinches my side.

I pull away and look at him. Hoping to give him a begging look. "If you love me you'd go. Come back after she leaves and we can have dinner together."

"Why? I'm having dinner with you and her now." He kisses my cheek. "It's fine. And plus if you love me, you'd suck it up." He grins.

"But I can't when I know she's acting like this!" I squish his cheeks. "You have no idea how she gets."