Chapter 9

It's been about a week since Jimmy meet mom and I met his family. If you thought Denise Fallon was great, you gotta meet his sister!

The second I watch Jimmy jump off the stage after 'commercial break' I take a seat back in his desk chair. Prop my feet up on his wooden desk and wait for the door to open with him walking in.

I open the middle drawer in his desk. The first thing I see is play doh.. Why does he have an open tub of play doh? Obviously I open it and start forming a green cat. Why would a 31 year old, a host of a popular late night show have play doh? I'm so curious now!

The door opens and a familiar body walks through it. "Hey, baby." Jimmy smiles at me.

"Hey, babe." I don't move, I'm still sculpting my cat. "Why do you have play doh in your desk?"

He looks at the little tub, then back at me. "I honestly don't remember.. I think it was suppose to be for a sketch a few years ago, but we never used it. It must've gotten shoved in my drawer."

"Interesting.. Well I made you a kitty!"

Jimmy sits by feet and takes the cat. "Baby, he's cute!" He smiles. "Just like you!"

"Oh not even!" I snatch my cat and carefully place him in the tub to keep him. "There, now you're stuck with him." The tub gets put back and the drawer closes.

"Damn.." He laughs.

I study him for a minute. "Baby, you seem tense.. Maybe kinda stressed.."

He shrugs. "Maybe a little.. Sneaking you in and out of the building isn't what you call easy.. Especially when Lorne's been asking who you are."

"And you don't tell him."

"Nah.. But I will." He smiles.

....

I sit up the second someone knocks on Jimmy's office door. "Yeah?" He pulls his jeans up. His boxers still resting mid butt.

"I have a question." Lorne replies on the other end.

"Closet.." Jimmy shoves me to the door as he awkwardly walks to the door. "Yeah?" I hear as I stand silently in a very tiny coat closet.

"Hey, I was just wondering if next week will be good for a 5 day hiatus." Yes! The beard.

"Next weeks fine, yeah." I hear him smile.

Someone shifts against the doorframe. Probably Jimmy. "Alright, I was just checking. Are you okay? Sick?" Oops!

"Yeah, no, I'm totally fine. My stomachs a tad upset, but I'm fine." Lies.

"You can go home, the shows done editing and ready to air tonight."

"I'm waiting on something to show. Quest is dropping it off." He's going to get himself tied up in knots if he doesn't start telling the truth around here.

"No, go home, bud." A hand claps on a body. I assume Lorne's hand on Jimmy's shoulder or back. "You need rest and I don't want you getting sick before break and spending it in bed."

"I'm fine, honest."

"I don't want my star boy to be sick. Come in around noon tomorrow, you need sleep. And don't go out drinking."