Chapter 11

First official day of hiatus! Couldn't have been happy to spend one full week with my cute boyfriend. He's planning a week away from the city. No idea what he has planned or where he's thinking of going. His mama was right. He's really secretive when he's planning on something. Last night he finally said he was thinking of a trip since Monday. I had absolutely no clue! Secrets and Jimmy are best friends, I've learned.

As Jimmy unlocks the door to his Hamptons farmhouse, he steps aside and let's me go first. The foyer light flicks on, a hand on my back and the odd smell of Bath And Body's mahogany teakwood fills the empty house. To my left is a formal dinning room with a table set up, ready for its next meal. To my right is a living room with plush couches and old looking antiques tables.

"Home sweet home." Jimmy wraps his arms around my waist, walking us into the family room and kitchen. A giant 90 inch flat screen hangs on the wall above a wood burning fireplace. A massive dark charcoal grey couch sits in front of a square cushioned coffee table. A dark oak tray sits perfectly in the middle, holding a few remotes and a candle or two. Black and light grey pillows line the couch. A thick knitted cream blanket lays over the arm of the couch. A matching dog bed under the window with a few toys tossed in it.

The walls filled with frames of family and friends. Just like his office and hallway in his apartment. "This is really homey, baby." I hold onto his hands.

"Good, it's your home for the next week." He kisses the crown of my head. "Make yourself at home as well. Toss your shit everywhere. Gary does." He giggles in my ear before kissing me again.

"Where'd she go?" I look to my left, resting my head on his structured jaw. 

He walks us backwards, back to the front door. "Upstairs. She scans the place before napping." Jimmy grabs my hand and walks in front, up the polished wooden steps. "Our room.." He opens a white door, my hand at his hip as he turns the white fans light on. The setting suns luminous rays glow into the warm room. The same king sized bed in Manhattan is sitting in front of me. The paneled walls open the room up. A maroon chair sitting a few feet in front of the bed and fireplace. The same thickly knitted blanket, but in black, lays over the back of the recliner.

I'm guided to a few spare bedrooms. Where they hold a bed and dresser, with a flat screen on top of each cream dresser. Each spare room has a oval mirror in the corner. All 5 rooms have a white ceiling fan. And massive windows.

The last bedroom, or known as Jimmy's office, houses a Gary under the desk. She's chewing on a pink squeaky bear. "The yard if you're that curious." Jimmy holds onto my waist as we move to the window at the back of his office. It's gigantic! The massive lap pool doesn't even look that big sitting in the middle of the snow covered yard. Colorful chairs line the right side of the pool. Metal chairs circle the fire pit in the middle of the concrete patio. The outdoor kitchen holds a giant grill, a mini fridge and a bar.

"Your house is stunningly beautiful. Like someone took it out of Pier 1 and Pottery Barn.." I rest my head on the chest behind me as snow flurries fall from the now cloudy sky.

Jimmy rests his chin on my head, rocking us back and forth. "Thank you, but my mom, aunt, and sister did it all." He giggles. "I just handed my card over. But it came out really nice. Really makes it feel warm and cozy all year long. Especially in these cold late January evenings." His deep voice echoes in the quiet room.

"It does." I close my eyes. "Have you taken other girlfriends here?" I tease.

"No.. I bought it last spring. Family's only been over, maybe twice. Thanksgiving and Christmas.. I spent a few hiatuses alone with Gar here. Thinking about new ideas for the show. Escape the city. Have a open mind. Blast music as loud as I please."