Chapter 29

Why's Ally calling me? She's always on business and never has time to talk. "Hey." I answer it with a smile.

She sighs and pauses for a few seconds. "Spence.." Her tone is low.

"Al.." I mock it.

"Will you please not get mad at me?" She gives off a begging tone.

I step out of the office, leaning against the wall, next to the elevator. "Sure?" I ask confused.

"I am so sorry.. I did it.."

"You did what..?" I go to my back, shoulder blades keeping the rest of my body off the wall. "Allyson.."

"I'm the one.." I can hear sniffles. What is she talking about? "The girl that Jimmy had sex with last week. It was protected so please don't panic.. I came back home and saw him at the bar. He was drunk. I flirted. We kissed. He didn't say a word when I dragged him to the hotel. Spencer I am so incredibly sorry! I feel like the worst friend in history of friendships." I stare at the wall. "Spencer, please talk to me, babe.."

"Why?"

She sighs again. "I have to be honest with you.. I didn't know you two were dating. You don't post anything and you haven't told me anything. Honestly, Spencer, you could've died and I wouldn't have known. No one tells me anything anymore.."

"He didn't say anything? Like, at all?"

"No.. He was silent the entire time. We had sex and that was it. He didn't kiss or say a word. It was a little weird.. And the picture that was leaked, I only hugged him and that picture was snapped."

I stare down at my fuchsia pink heels. "Didn't you know he was dating someone? Someone named Spencer?"

"The beginning of the year I knew he was taken, but I don't know, Spence, I was tipsy, but enough sobriety to know what happened.. I'm so sorry."

"I guess I can't get mad at you.. It is my fault that we don't talk anymore.. We both got really busy after school and kinda fell of the face of the earth.."

I hear her little giggle that's sounds so southern  and Jersey and she's from Maine. "We really did.. As awkward as this whole situation may be, are we still best friends?"

"Al, I would never leave your side in that way. We've been hip to hip since 7th grade. You're my Robin to my Batman."

"And we'll fight Gotham all night long!"

I smile at our memories. "Hell yeah we will! I gotta go though, I'm at work. I love you, babe!"

"And I gotta catch a plane to Spain in an hour. I love you too, babe!" She hangs up before I could.

I walk back into the office and drop my phone in my bag. "I'll be back." I look at everyone before heading for the elevator. Arms crossed over my chest. Right foot balancing on my heel. I count the dings until I'm on the floor I want.

"No.. That one won't work, it doesn't go with anything.." I hear Jimmy's voice, they must be working on tonight's show.

"We need to talk." I push the door fully open. Not caring who's here and who will hear my attitude. 

Eyebrows raise. "I really can't, baby, I'm super busy with the show."

"Spencer, we have to get jokes down." Miles grabs my arm. I push him off and look at Jimmy.

With a surprised face from him, I feel bad for being rude. "Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure it can wait five more minutes."

"We can't.." Higgins looks at me.