Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14 

The pressure was on me at that time. I didn't stop talking, telling them everything that i knew and felt about my so-called mother. I tried so hard not to cry and it was a success. 

I told them that I was a one night stand child. That mom was busy with work all the time. That my life was already planned, I'd take over her company, be president after high school (no college) et cetera. I mean just because I'm her daughter? She's not even acting like a mother. She doesn't beat me up ,I told them, she just doesn't listen to me. She wants my hair short. She doesn't pay any attention to me. I don't even know if she loves me or maybe she's FORCED to love me. She sent me her in Richmond Academy so that she'd have no worries about me all that mattered to her was work. Always work. 

"Stupid excuse right? For me to hate my mom?" I said after telling the story. 

No one spoke and that's when the tears came rolling down my cheeks. The next thing I knew I was in a middle of a group hug. 

I love these guys. 

After that Dexter walked me to my dorm. 

We were in an awkward silence. 

When we reached my room I faced him and touched his face with my hand. He sighed. 

"You've been quiet, ya know." I joked then smiled. 

No answer. 

"Hey, magsalita ka naman." 

He ran his hand through his hair, still looking at me. 

"I don't know what to say. It's like I want to go to your mother and yell at her for treating you like this."

He said these words not looking at me. 

He took my hand from his face and kissed it. 

"But I promise you this..." He started, 

I could really hear my heart beat right now. 

"That I would always be there for you and that I would never treat you the way your mom treated you." 

"Promise?" I asked. 

"Promise." He said. 

I had nothing else to say. I was teary eyed by his words. Instead I tip-toed and we sealed that promise with a kiss. 

________________________________________ 

THE NEXT DAY 

I have no idea why we were in class today but Mr. Seth told us to go. I have a feeling that Kyla knows why. 

A few minutes later Mr. Seth entered the room with a smiling face. 

"GOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!" 

No response, as always. 

"Hmm, Well then I have an announcement to make that will make all of you scream! OMG I'm getting excited myself." He said while jumping up and down. Trust me he's really weird and kind of gay. 

"Just get on with it!" One of my classmates yelled. 

"Yeah! The ball is tomorrow and were not yet done with the decorations!" Alice yelled. 

I wrote on my notebook then nudged Dexter... 

Wat do u think da announcement wud be? 

He wrote back... 

Beats me. 

I just sighed. 

Then we heard the speakers go on every classroom has one it means the headmaster will talk about boring stuff. 

"Good Morning, students." His voice was very low and cold. 

"You better listen dear students." Seth said. 

"SHHHH!" We all said. 

"As you all know tomorrow's the Halloween Ball for High School students and we have a special band playing live..." 

OH MY.... 

Anne, Marie, Ynigo, Vince, Dexter including me looked at Kyla's direction. 

"Shin, didn't..." I heard Dexter whisper. 

"And it's Reckless Heart. I hope all-" 

I couldn't hear anything else after that because screams were heard through out the academy even the guys were excited. It lasted for about a couple of minutes or so. And we could really her Jade's voice. 

"Oh yes. She did." I said while covering my ears. 

"OMG! WE'RE GOING TO SEE THEM! TOMORROW!" Jade squeeled. 

"Okay okay children I have more announcements." Seth tried to calm them. 

All were silent again. 

"You will see them but that's not what they really look like." 

The class went "HUH?" 

"How do I put this? They will perform but they'll wear masquerade masks and color their hair will be different and so." 

"Why?" One asked. 

"Because they're underage." Ynigo said. 

The class looked at Ynigo. 

It took him a few seconds to realize that he slipped. 

"Oppss." He said. 

We were glaring at him. 

"How'd you know that Ynigo?" Jordan asked. 

Ynigo was sweating so hard that I wanted to laugh. 

"Uhm...Internet?" 

"Oh, that makes sense." Jordan said. 

And with that it was like nothing happened. 

I swear I saw Mr. Seth wink at us. 

AFTER CLASS 

We stayed inside the room including Anne and Marie. We were in the front row and Kyla was sitting on the teacher's table. 

"I guess you guys have some questions." Kyla started. 

"Why did you tell them?" Vince asked Kyla. 

"So that the guys want to go." She answered boringly. 

"What?" 

Kyla sighed. 

"You see, Seth told me that more than half of the boy population won't attend the ball only the ones with dates or girlfriends. So he asked me if I'd want to let the students know that you guys will be performing." 

"What's that got to do with the boys?" I asked. 

Anne and Marie giggled and Dexter looked pissed off. Kyla raised an eyebrow. 

"You are so dense Yuri." Anne said. 

"Huh?" 

"You see, the whole MALE POPULATION really want to see Reckless Hearts' female lead singer." Marie told me. 

"WOW." was all that I said. 

"They got some nerve." Dexter mumbled. 

"Yeah." Marie agreed. "Oh wait, Mr. Seth knows?" 

"Yes and the Faculty." Kyla answered. 

"What?" Anne, Marie and I said. 

"Yes, well they have to right? Oh well, I have to go some where be ready tomorrow okay? You have the rest of the day to practice." Kyla said as she was headed to the door. 

End of Chapter 14