Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7 

I locked myself in my room for about an hour now.

An hour before I some what confessed to him; Me and my big mouth.

Sigh.

An hour passed after I ran away from him, maybe because I knew that I'd be rejected?

Or that I knew that I'd be out of the band?

Heck, I didn't even plan the damn thing, unlike those novels I read or movies or TV series I watched that the girl would rehearse those three words and her friend will support her and they would live happily ever after....blah blah blah.

But no this is the real thing, this is life....no backing out.

I sound emo. Damn. 

I tossed around the bed. My eyes are puffy and sore, why am I even crying? It's pointless and useless. I'm really sure that if I stayed I'd be rejected. How? Coz if I wouldn't be rejected he'd go after me, right? I'm right, I can feel it. But still, the feeling won't go away. 

*KNOCK KNOCK 

I suddenly got up. Sino kaya yun? Please wag sya. The knocking continued, I don't know if I should ask who it is or just open it. 

"Yuri? Andyan ka ba? Nakita kitang tumatakbo kanina kaya naisip ko nab a ikinance mo yung mga plano mo. Ayos ka lang ba? Mukhang ang lungkot mo kanina." A sweet voice called. Si Marie. Thank God. I immediately ran to the bathroom and looked at my reflection. I was....okay? My eyes aren't that red anymore...kind of. 

"Andyan ka ba?" She asked while knocking. 

"Yeah! Just give me sec. " 

I washed my face then ran to open the door. 

"Finally. I thought I was calling no one in there. Hey you okay you look a bit pale. And your eyes, have you been crying?" She touched my left cheek with a worried expression. I shook my head and pretended to laugh. 

"No! I'm fine. I just over slept then you woke me up that's why my eyes are like this but trust me I'm fine." I smiled. I'm lying again but I can't tell her, she'll understand. 

Pinapasok ko sya sa kwarto ko. 

"Sorry if I woke you up, Yuri." 

"It's okay. Anong nagdala sayo dito?" 

"Oh yeah, muntik ko ng makalimutan. So like I said I saw you running well we saw you running, me and Anne. So we thought that you cancelled your plans and Anne wanted to invite you to buy costumes, if you want to." She asked with pleading eyes. 

"Sure." 

"Yes!" Then she hugged me. 

"Marie....can't...breath" 

"Oh "she said holding up a peace sign. 

"BTW where's Anne?" 

"At the café, when we saw you we were on our way there so I told Anne I'd go ask you to come and tada!" Jumping up and down. I laughed she looked like a child. 

"I'll just go and change." 

"Go ahead it's still 6:30 anyway. Hintayin na lang kita." 

I left her there then opened my closet. I grabbed a plain blue t-shirt skinny jeans and low-cut converse. I went inside the bathroom and changed, my hair in a low ponytail. When I got out Marie looked at me with a weird expression. 

"What?" I asked as I looked at my clothes. 

Marie stood up and walked until she was in front of me.