Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12 

He was staring at me with an eyebrow raised. He didn't say anything. I knew it; this was too good be true. I stood up ready to leave. when I walked past him, he grabbed my hand. 

"Ano ka sakin?" He asked then chuckled. I looked at him. Ouch. He thinks this is a laughing matter. 

"Bitiwan mo nga ako." 

"No." He said firmly. 

He tugged my hand downward causing me to kneel in front of him. "What are you to me?" He repeated. "Let me think." He put his free hand under his chin. 

"Well for starters, you're a girl.." I know that already. 

"A noisy girl..." Ugh 

"Your part of Reckless Heart..." Damn it. 

"I wrote a song with you so you're a great song writer." Crap crap crap 

"You're annoying...very annoying." 

"Stop." I said, "Stop it. Stop talking. If that's what you think of me then I'm leaving. I thought there was something about what you said yesterday." I was trying to free my hand but I failed. Tears were escaping from my eyes. He cupped my cheek and wiped the tears from my eyes. 

"You do know that I was joking right? I can't believe that you thought that I think of you that way." He chuckled. 

I got all confused. 

I said nothing. 

"Well of course you're also an idiot." He's joking around again. 

"I told to stop-" I didn't finish what I trying to say coz he beat me to it, with the words that I never thought I would ever hear. 

"But you're my idiot." His eyes are looking straight at me. His voice sounded full of sincerity and care. 

"Care to be mine?" He asked. 

"No." I answered. It's time for him to have a taste of his own medicine. 

"Why?" He asked. 

I giggled. "You do know that I was joking right? I can't believe that you thought that I really said no." 

"You tricked me." He said, he sounded like a little boy. He ran his hand through his hair then chuckled. 

I cupped his cheek, trying to get his attention. 

"Of course," I answered "If you're willing to be mine as well." I leaned closer and kissed him. He was surprised by my actions but kissed me back as well. After a few seconds we pulled out of the kiss. 

"Gladly." He said. 

"Huh?" 

"You're mine and I'm yours." 

I smiled. You're mine and I'm yours, I like the sound of that. 

"You're blushing." He commented then chuckled again. 

"No, I'm not!" 

"Yes, you are." 

"No, I'm not!" 

"Yes." 

"No." 

"Yes, but don't worry. I like it when you blush." And that caused me blush even more. He laughed.

The ruffled my hair. He patted the sofa, motioning me to sit down. 

When I sat down I didn't know what I should do. Should I rest my head to his shoulder? Should I hold his hand? 

I felt his hand over my shoulder. And then it hit me...just be yourself and let your feelings take control of your actions. I rested my head to his shoulder. 

"Sasabihin ba natin sa kanila?" I asked while playing with his hand. 

"You mean the band?" He asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Sure, Mamaya sa meeting." He was stroking my hair. 

Damn it, I want to be with him forever. 

"Anong oras nga ulit yung meeting?" 

"Bago mag 6 pm. May 30 minutes pa tayo." 

"I see. The Halloween Ball's on Friday right? You think were gonna sing the song we wrote?" 

"I doubt it, you know Shin. If she thinks it'll make money... a lot of money the people will have to wait. I guess we'll be able to sing it when the albums out." 

"But that's not until January." 

"I know." He kissed my head. 

"So anong kakantahin natin?" 

"Ang dami mong tanong," He poked my cheek." Maybe our old songs? Or we're gonna write new songs." 

"What? Today's Saturday and the Ball is on Friday." I did the math." We have less than a week to write new songs!" 

"That's showbiz, sweetheart." 

I looked up at him and smiled. 

"What?" He asked. 

"Nothing." I looked away. I slipped my arms around his waist. "You called me sweetheart. I just can't believe we're really together. This is something in my life that I never planned." 

He pulled me closer. "Neither did I but life's full of surprises, right?" 

I nodded. Yeah, you're the best surprise I ever got. 

I was shocked to see Marie and Anne at our meeting (when at school the meeting is always being held in Kyla's room when outside it's in G-clef). 

And they were all surprised when Dexter and I entered hand in hand. Vince and Ynigo had a i-knew-they-would-end-up-together look. While Marie and Anne jumped up and down shouting the words "OMG they're really together! They're holding hands!" Kyla just gave me a smile, a small one I might add but still I knew that she was happy for me. 

The meeting was just how Dexter said. 

"Gabriel and Yuri, you two lovebirds will not sing the song you just wrote got it?" 

"Sure." I answered while Dexter just nodded. 

"Instead Gabriel and Yuri, you will write new songs. Just one each." 

I find it weird that Kyla calls Dexter by his last name and calls me by my first name. 

We both nodded. 

"The band will perform a total of 5 songs. The 2 new songs, 2 songs that were already recorded and 1 cover song. Is that clear?" 

Ynigo raised his hand. "What will the last song be?" 

"That's up to you guys." Kyla answered. "And Yuri..?" 

"Yes?" I asked 

"Marie and Anne will be in charge of your clothes for the performance and at the ball." 

"Really? Cool." 

Marie and Anne just smiled at me. 

"Oh and one more thing...after the Ball you guys will have a phone interview." 

Now that caught us off guard. 

End of Chapter 12