Chapter 19

Authors note: Alright guys a new chapter! I haven't had a computer to use because my laptops charger broke awhile back and me being my broke, lazy self, I still have not gotten a new one. The only way to continue this story is by doing it off my phone. Which I hate doing but it's not cool to leave you guys just hanging so bare with me on the grammar being sloppy. I have autocorrect so don't hate me hate the auto correct!!

Cato Pov

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been three days since I have seen Katniss. Four days since I've talked to her. Four days since I have gotten to touch her, feel her warmth. I am so worried but I am relieved every night when her face doesn't come up when the anthem. I feel consumed by fear. Fear that she doesn't want to see me after that night, fear that Snow might have had a talk with her. To where she is back to wanting to kill me.

"Cato, Finnick and I are going to do some rounds, Sam is staying behind to help with things here. We will be back in an hour or so." Georgie announces to me. She touches my shoulder.

"We will find her Cato. We will find her. Alive." She say with a comforting smile. She takes her hand off my shoulder and Finnick wraps his arm around her, as they walk in the opening in the brush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katniss POV

I catch myself as Brutus slams me onto the ground. I look up as he is holding his hand to the side and he quickly brings it to my cheek. A bright flash and then my cheek starts to sting. My hand automatically goes to my cheek to caress it.

"You thought you could escape when I was sleeping, huh? That was dumb girl on fire. I thought you were smarter then that." He spits at me. He strikes me again. 

She slaps him hard on the face. 

"You didn't prove that you wanted to stay alive so..." The girl with dark hair and icy,dangerous looking eyes, raises the knife. I feel the grasph of someone holding onto me so I couldn't run.

"NO! " I scream. The girl looks at me smirking.

"Katniss I'm sorry, I love you." 

I shake my head at the memory that Brutus smacks out of me. A rush of emotions flood at me. The hate towards the girl with the knives, the anguish I feel for the boy who had been slapped and said I love you. And I felt love towards the boy. I don't understand the memory, it makes me even more lost.

"If you don't get up right now, I'll slit your throat." I rise, pushing myself up with my hands. It took me awhile to get up due to my hands being tied. He became impatient and grabbed my braid and pulled me over to a tree surrounded by bushes. He tied one end a long piece of rope to one of my wrists and walked round the tree to the other side. I had to reach my arm out farther because the rope was just short. 

"I'll be back." And with that he turned and left. He was probably going to look for food, we had been running low so I have been fed less and my energy levels had lowered. 

There was nothing worse then not being able to yell for help. If I chose to do that, another tribute could easily find and kill me. To be honest, I'd rather take my chances with Brutus.  A sharp pain overwhelmed me. I look down at my stomach. I pull at one of my hands, wanting to rub my stomach. I have been having these pains more frequently. I felt sick. I knew exactly what the cause was. Brutus, who was unable to hunt because lack of skills, we eat berries he picks.  I had told him about just letting me hunt so we don't starve but he wasn't up to that option.

I pull my knees up to my chest, using the tree to help me. The pain eases a little. I put my head on my knees. How am I going to get away from him. I flutter my eyes, trying to not cry and show weakness. But it was hard because I wanted to cry. I had never felt so alone. At some point I must've dosed off because the bushes rustling startled me awake. My first instinct was to yell for help but I swallow that urge and decide to stay silent.

"There's an opening over here." A hushed voice announced. I was going to die. Tributes have found me and my only protection had left me.

"I don't think there is anything worthy over there. Just look at all the thorns it would take to go through to get there." Another voice whispered back. In that moment, I thanked Brutus for his smart choice in where to set up camp.

"Well I'm going to look, just in case." The first voice squaked back. Dammit, now I'm dead. I see the bushes start to move and hear a little whimper. It was obviously a female by the way she exaggerated onhow long and the higher pitch. I stay motionless as the figure comes into view. Her back was towards me.  She started to turn, scoping out the area. I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead. She stops as she glances me over. I close my eyes, knowing death was only seconds away. I hear a shocked gasph and the sound of footsteps running to me. I could feel the girl standing over me.

""K-Katniss?" My eyes flash open. Rarely did people call me by my name anymore. I look over the familiar face and sigh a breath of relief. Georgie was standing over me in complete shock. She drops to her knees. 

"Finnick!" She yells. I look at her with desperation. She just yelled, probably alerting any nearby Tributes. Finnick comes rushing through the bushes, spear in hand, ready. His eyes search for Georgie. Once he realizes that she was in no danger, he opened his mouth, probably to harp on her for yelling like that, but then closes it when his eyes fall on me. He runs to us and drops to his knees just like Georgie. But he wraps his arm around my waist and hugs me.

"Georgie, untie her."  Georgie jumps to her feet and starts working on the knots Brutus tied.

"What happened to you?" He whispers, pulling back his head to probably see bruises and fresh wounds.

"Why didn't you meet up with us?" He continues. I tried to find my voice, butmy battered lip and the fact that I haven't said a word since the games started, all that came out was a gurgled sound.

Georgie comes back into view and I feel slack in the ropes. She pulls them off and I rub my wrists. I nod at her, to let herknow I appreciated her for freeing me. Finnick helps me to my feet.

"Woah, how have you been eating so well for someone who has been tied up?' Finnick says as he gawks at my slightly fatter belly. I shrug. I hear a loud, deep cough come from a distance.

"Th-That's B-Brutus... We...we need...to leave...now..." I manage to squeak out. Georgie looks to Finnick, fear in her eyes. Finnick's face hardened when I mentioned Brutus's name. Finnick nods. Georgie, being a step ahead grabs as much supplies as she could carry and hands me my bow. I sling it over my shoulders. We dash through the bushes and I follow them to where they will hopefully lead me to Cato. 

Authors note: Hope you enjoyed. I missed writing chapters for this book so hopefully I can do it more often. It was awful to leave you guys waiting for months :(