Chapter 11

Authors note: sorry I haven’t updated sooner. I have been very busy but whatever :)

Enjoy :)

RECAP:

 I see Cato sitting on the bench by the elevators, resting his head in his hand. He looked extremely bored. I bend over trying to catch my breath.

"Cato.... I'm sorry... I got caught up..." I gasp.

"I didn't even think you were going to show up. You seemed to having so much fun with same...” He says, jealously was evidently on his face.

"Are you kidding? I wouldn't do that to you ever! I say looking him straight in the eye so he knows me serious. His face softens a bit.

"Good. You ready?" He asks, pushing the 'up' button on the elevator.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he presses the top number on the wall.

"It's a surprise." He says with a smile.

"I hate surprises..." I mutter.

"I know." he chuckles. I sigh at his excitement. As we reach the top floor I begin to think about what I was going to talk to him about. How did he know about the thing with snow? Does he really think I would do that to him? The doors open and Cato walks out leading me to a grey door at the end of a hallway filled with numerous doors.

"Where are we going?" I yammered.

"If you would just shut up and give me two seconds you would see." He says, chuckling when I pout.

"Fine, Mr. Bossy." I say. He opens the grey door to a huge roof garden. You could see all the buildings and lights up here. I walk through the door with pure amazement. I look over the edge and see thousands of small people, who looked like ants in my opinion, going about their business.

"Wow, it’s beautiful." When I look back over the edge again I immediately become dizzy.  A memory pops into my head:

"Do you mind spending the day with a heartless career?" Cato say mockingly.

"No I don't just let me go find marble. He looked really good last night if you know what I mean." I say with a laugh. Cato grimaces.

"Sure what are we doing?” I say after a few moments.

"Well I was thinking about raiding the kitchen, grabbing a bunch of snacks and go up to the roof and just...talk.” 

"Fine with me." I say. 

"KATNISS!" Cato yells grabbing my arm as I fall forward a little. I snap back from the memory as I see myself almost half way off the ledge, Cato is the only reason I hadn't fallen yet. Fear rushes throughout my body. My breathing gets ragged when I try to pull up myself back up, slipping, and falling forward to where my entire body is now over the edge, one arm dangling on my side and the other in Cato’s grasp. 

"Cato!" I say, my voice rising at the end.

"Katniss give me your other hand." He say urgently, terror on his face. I try to yank my arm to him but I couldn't. Gravity was weighing me down, wanting me to lose.

"CATO IM SLIPPING!" I scream. 

"KATNISS GIVE ME YOUR OTHER HAND!" He yells.

"I can't!" A tear slipping down my cheek. I was holding onto his fingers now. My nails digging into his skin. He winces in pain but ignores it.

"Katniss let go!" He yells. 

"What!?" My eyes growing wide. If I let go I’ll die!

"Let go! Trust me!" He says fiercely. I look into his eyes, Determination glinting off them, and I let go. I close my eyes feeling a slight drop before two strong hands grabbing my forearms. Cato pulls me up to where he has his arms wrapped around my chest, I wrap mine around him, and he pulls me up and back onto the roof. I tighten my arms around him as he steadies me. My heart pounding in chest, breathing raggedly with my cheek resting on his shoulder.

"What the hell were you doing? Trying to kill yourself?" I look at him expecting to see a smile but his face was serious.

"No I wasn't trying to kill myself. I zoned out and must’ve moved forward when I did it. Actually I think a memory came back to me." I say nestling my cheek further into his shoulder, closer to his neck.

"What did you remember? I'll tell you if it’s real or not." He says, I nod.

"We have been up here before? Real or not real?"

"Real." He grins, happy to see that I have remembered something.

"We talked for a long time up here? Real or not real?

"Real." his smile got wider.

"This is where you told me you would protect me with your life in the games and you said you loved me? Real or not real."

"Real Again..." he laughs a little.

"You kissed me. Real or not real?"

"Real. I wish I could relive that moment for the rest of my life." I blush.

"You still love me. ReaI or not real?" pulled back from our embrace to see his face. His eyes softened at this question. His eyes flicker to my lips as he slowly inclines toward me. He presses his lips to mine. Our first kiss during the reaping, he was very forceful, needy. But this kiss was soft and gentle. Warm. My lips moved in sync with his. I wasn't going to pull away this time, I wanted him in this moment more than anything. I felt like me again. Like there wasn't some huge gap inside of me, like I wasn't torn into two. I felt whole. I felt safe. Cato surprisingly was the one to pull away this time. I look at him worried. What if I kissed him wrong? Maybe he figured out he didn’t like me? He presses his forehead or mine making all my doubts disappear.

"Real."

Authors note: 1000 votes = Cato pov! Happy voting!! :))