Chapter 13

Authors note: Gosh, sorry guys for not updating sooner! Remember those days when I use to update every day or at least every other day? I'm going to try hard to get back into that. Next Cato pov will be at 1,700 votes and another Sam at 2,000. This chapter is going to start introducing some of the fan made tributes as well as the old.

One more week till the games begin. Tonight we have interviews with Ceasar. Tonight I get some info on my competitors. I pull the covers off of me, immediately shivering by the cool air. I hop into the shower. It has been a day since I kissed Cato. When I look back at it, I know I over reacted and needed to apologize to him for it. Honestly I was missing him, more than I should. He was growing on me. Once I am dried off, I wrapped the towel around me and walked into the bedroom to hear Effie yelling at me to wake up.

"I'm up and already took a shower Effie!" I yell back. She’s silent for a few moments.

"Okay Cinna is coming in to get you ready for tonight's interviews." I hear someone grab the door and open it. Cinna comes in. He was always very open and friendly to me. He acted as if he knew me. Sometimes I see him as more of a father than snow. They were the only men in my life. Unless you would count Cato, I haven't figured out how I feel towards him but being away from him makes me feel so alone. I needed to see him.

"Katniss?" Cinna says softly, looking concerned. I was so deep in thought I have no clue what he said.

"Hmmmm?" 

"Can you sit down so I can do your hair and makeup?" He asks pointing to the chair in front of the vanity mirror.

"Oh yeah, uh sure." I plop down in the chair and wait for further instructions. It was easy to sit in the chair for the hour it took. I continued to think of Cato. I'm anxious to see him. I need to not only say sorry but give him an explanation. Once Cinna was down with my makeup and hair he made me put on a dark red dress. It was strapless and shorter than I would have liked but it was dazzling. The hem at the bottom had Jewels that looked like fire was burning inside of them. I gawked at them, amazed. I looked into the mirror. I was utterly surprised by how beautiful I looked. My eyes had a glittery red eyeliner on the top and a plain red on the bottom, a hint of red eye shadow to tie it together.  Red lip stick was covering my lips. My hair was down but very wavy. Cinna had made me tie my hair in three braids while my hair was wet and when it dried he took them out. He pulled out these high heels that were black but in crested with the fire jewels.

I was ready for my interview. I knew how I was going to portray myself to the audience. I was going to be strong and a little sexy. I'm positive I could pull it off but I just didn't want to make myself look stupid in front of Cato. Why do you care what he thinks?  I ask myself. Then I realize everything. Though I can't remember anything in the past, I felt a connection to him. Like my heart remembered that I loved him like he said. This is why I can't stop thinking about him, why I don't want to look stupid in front of him, why I was going for a bit of sexy tonight. It was for him. It was always for him. Him and him only. I love him. Somehow he made me fall for him hard. Realizing all of this I leave Cinna in a rush, arriving a little early, to find Cato.

When I see ruffled blonde hair and icy blue eyes I found my man. I almost run to him. Then I see a blonde flirting with him. I see her twist her hair and run her hand down his arm. He was flirting back. My heart instantly breaks at the scene before me. It felt like someone stabbed me in my heart and kept cutting as they got closer. She was definitely prettier than me. Slim but not in the 'I’m poor so I’m starving' way, She had bigger breasts than me, she was just too pretty to compete with. I mean why would Cato choose me when he could easily get someone like her. I see a bracelet on her arm. Crystal was imprinted on the outside of the bracelet. I figured that was her token from her district. Cato sees me staring but acts as if he didn't. He wraps his arms around her, giving her a too friendly hug. I see her look at his lips. Oh she better not... I see him notice her idea and he hesitates. His eyes shift over to me and back to her. He looks at her mouth, she sees that as its okay and she leans forward and kisses him. My temper flares up at the two of them. Cato immediately breaks away from the kiss and runs to me. I didn't want him to see me cry so I thought of the safest, private place that he wouldn't follow me:

 The ladies bathroom.

I dodge him and other tributes and I run to the bathroom. I hear him calling my name but I wasn't going to stop. As soon as I run through the door, it closes behind me, and I hear an exasperated sigh and then the door swings open. Cato bursts in. So much for the safest and most private place.  Cato looks at me and sees the tears in my eyes and it seems like it hurts him too. He walks to me and tries to put his arms around me and I swat them away.

"Don't touch me!" I growl at him.

"Katniss, it wasn't my fault."

"Oh really by the way you were checking her out and flirting may have given her the wrong signals. She should have known that if someone is staring at their boobs and Flirting with them is deemed as only a 'friend' and not someone who you should make out with." My voice rising.

"I for sure wasn't anticipating a kiss from her, and I definitely didn't mean for it to go that far"

"Oh so how far were you meaning it to go?" I demand.

"Katniss, I was trying to get you to realize your feelings for me."

"By kissing another girl! Are you stupid?"

"I was trying to make you jealous. Like the way I have been feeling about you and Sam’s relationship." He says.

"You were trying to make me jealous. As revenge for hanging out with Sam?"

"Yeah..." He says this wearily. I give out on exasperated sigh, rubbing my temples.

"Did it work?" He asks me.

"Did what work?" His question confused me.

"Did I make you jealous?" He ponders.

"Uh, no." I say all too fast. He smirks.

"You were weren't you?"

"NO! I wasn't jealous." He laughs as I cross my arms defensively. My voice raising

"Yes you were, I’m not stupid. You always cross your arms when you know you’re wrong and you raise your voice when you lie. Babe I know you." He smirks again when I roll my eyes.

"You roll when you’re about to forgive someone." How the hell did he know that?

"You know what since you know everything I’m going to say let's get back to everyone else." I say. I wasn't going to tell him how I felt. Not right after another girl had kissed him but I wasn't going to let that happen again. Hopefully I can get a hint across in the interview.

Authors note: Aw their getting back in the norm. I’ll try to update tomorrow and if not I’ll update the day after tomorrow. Don’t forget to vote! Or comment! Or Fan!